Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi trish,

If you look HERE you will find reviews :lol:

and if you CLICK HERE you'll find a map of Paphos showing where
the hotel is. It's number 73 by the way :lol:

Helenxx
:) Thanks Helen for the advice, the reviews look ok so hopefully we've made a good choice.
The only thing is the Hotel is a bit far out of the town, but we can always get a taxi or bus into Paphos so I'm sure it will be fine

Trish
The location is a bit from the centre but there are also a few eating places and shops in walking distance :lol:

We'll be staying just along from there at the Avanti Village when we go in September and we think the
location is great :lol: If you come out of the hotel and turn right you'll find a fish tavern called
the Atlantida..........try it :lol: Anything else just ask :lol:

Helen
I have stayed at the Pioneer Beach a number of times. it's shares its grounds with the Paphian Bay Hotel. They are both part of the Constantinou Group of Hotels. http://www.pioneer-cbh.com/home.html

The staff are friendly and attentive. The food is excellent but the entertainment is very low key.

The gardens have a number of palm trees, so you may have to kep moving your sunbed to find the sun unless you sunbathe arund the pool or on the beach.

Anything else you need to know - just ask.

Kath HT Admin
Thanks a lot Helen, we'll definitely try it as we are only b&b, and we love fish.
Am really looking forward to it, I hope it lives up to my expectations!

Trish :lol:
Thanks Kath

The gardens sound lovely, our elderly mums will like the shade I'm sure.
As for the entertainment, we will probably make an evening of eating out, and just come back to the hotel for a drink in the bar.

It's nice to know you found it friendly as that means a lot to us.
Thanks

Trish :lol:
You're welcome Trish, and anything else you want to know just ask us :lol:

Helenxx
Your mothers will love it I can guarantee.

Kath HT Admin
As regulars at the Paphian Bay - next door - we'll back up Kath. It is one of the friendliest hotel chains - have a great time!

:lol:
Thanks for that, we're all looking forward to next May and will let you all know what we think when we've been.

Just wondered whether the bus service into Paphos reliable, or would it be better to get a taxi?
Also we were wondering about hiring a car, do you think its better to wait until we are out there or should we arrange it before we go?

Thanks
Trish
Hi Trish,

I'd personally wait till I got there and then hire one :lol: We did in September
and got a great car with air c o n for £13 a day. It was big enough for my wheelchair
and all the beach paraphenalia :lol:

Just along from the Pioneer is a kiosk belonging to a guy called Chris who you can
hire from. This is his website CLICK HERE. Thats not who we hired from though as
we were in Episkopi and not Paphos :D

Helenxx
Thanks Helen :D
Have looked at the website, seems Chris hires all sorts. I think my hubby would like the look of the quad bikes!

I think we'll leave the hiring til we're out there and look around for prices etc. We'd like to use the bus a bit too if possible.

Trish x :lol:
The buses are very regular too and very cheap :) 70cents to anywhere in Paphos.

I usually hire my cars from http://www.easyrentacarltd.com/home.htm (nothing to do with Stelios ;)) and will gie you a good price. They will look after you, and if you go tell them Kath said hello.

Kath HT Admin
Thanks Kath :lol:

Have looked at the site and wondered where the office is in Paphos, as we will probably wait until we are there to book.

Trish :)
It is across the road from the Alexander the Great Hotel (well side street)

Not hard to find. You could get a bus from the Pioneer and then just cross the road..will get the full address for you.

He is very reasonable. George and Kula will make you very welcome :)
Kath x
Great, sounds easy, just what I like

Thanks so much for your help Kath

Trishx :thanks
hi...we are going to the pioneer beach hotel in september.

can anyone whos been there tell me what the beach is like there....is it sandy....or small stones.....can i easily get into the sea....is it worth taking beach shoes.

thanks any help apreciated..xx
Hiya
The beach itself is mainly sandy, but there are some rocks too. We didn't have beach shoes, but they could come in handy.

The Pioneer Beach Hotel is wonderful, food is great and lovely rooms. Everything you need for a good holiday, I'm jealous now....wish I was going back!

Have a great time

Trish :)
Hi,

We haven't stayed at the Pioneer yet but have been to the Paphian Bay (which is the sister hotel that uses the same beach area) lots of times. We've sussed out that the best way to enter the water on the beach is to go to the far right side by the break water and enter there. It is a gentle shallow entrance as well - if you go in in the middle of the 'bay' it dips quite sharply in places. Don't worry if you think that this is the Paphian Bay's area - you can use all of the same areas. (We use the Pioneer's adults only pool when we go to the Paphian!) There are far less stones in the section to the right and a large area of sand under your feet. Having said that we are going back in a week (yipee) and have just got some aqua shoes.

Some people complain about the beach area but I think I'm right in saying that all of the beaches to the hotels on that stretch are man made beaches. If you aware of that and not expecting Barbados you'll love it. One positive that some folk miss is that the break water gives you great protection against the currents which can be quite strong in the area. It is nice to feel safe while you swim.

There is a fantastic beach bar by the beach and when you are under the palm trees and banana trees it is a lovely feel. It also has a constant much needed sea breeze . Great! (Now I'm getting excited!)

Have a great time -- we've booked the Pioneer for next August so you'll have to let us know what it's like.

:wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.