Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Please could anyone tell me. Is Premier Le Reve only bookable through Thomson ?

If anyone has booked through other companys and particularly if they have managed to beat a Thomson price I would be very interested to know.

Many thanks, Doe :sun2
Edit. Just read back and you must be due to go soon Spurry, bet you are getting excited it looks great, hope you have a lovely time.
Only Thomsons I'm afraid. Luxury Inspired Escapes did it last year but no longer I've tried everywhere but no luck. Funnily though you can book their sister hotel the Premier Romance - in the same resort- with lots of different companies.

Have a great time Spurry - can't be long now??
Thanks Denny. As I suspected. Wonder what the sister hotel is like ? Also looks good on the web-site, but then I guess they all do.

Doe :sun2
Hi Doe,I have just seen this thread and wondered if you knew that in the area where the PLR is theres a new Tropitel hotel almost next door with some excellent prices.
I went to Hurghada last December and stayed in the Sindbad Aqua hotel which was lovely as it had 11 restaurants and many bars so we never got bored of going to the same place every day.It also has an Aqua park and a sister hotel over the road on the beach which guests at both hotels can use both the facilities.We also found the hassle much less than Sharm.
I am hoping to go back this December and have just priced the PLR out of interest and it is over double the price of the Sindbad.
I am not that bothered about 5 star luxury as I like 4 -5 holidays a year and couldnt afford it if I went to luxury hotels.
The area where the PLR is Sahl Hasheesh isfine if you want to be hotel based there is nothing in the surrounding area apart from desert.
The hotel we go to is on the boulevard in "new" Hurghada and its lovely to walk out on an evening.
We had considered Tunisia but have read lots of negatives about the hotels opening up to Arabs and Russians.
The Russians that we met last year in our hotel were lovely so I hope its the same this year. :tup Jay
  • Edited by Jay Trip 2011-10-30 21:10:42
The Premier Romance (we did go in and have a look and a drink) is a smaller hotel than the PLR. It is B&B, HB or AI. It is in an area called Old Town Sahl Hasheesh and there is more to do at PR as it is nearer a new parade of shops/cafe/bars than PLR, the beach is nicer there too.

The Tropitel isn't open yet, people who were meant to be there these last 2 weeks have been put in other hotels in Hurgada (not happy at all) It's not adults only either. Grand opening is supposed to be 17th Jan 2012.
Just read back and you must be due to go soon Spurry, bet you are getting excited it looks great, hope you have a lovely time.

Have a great time Spurry - can't be long now??

19 Days and counting (we travel on 18/11/11), i can't tell you how much we are looking forward to it :tongue , we looked through all 485 photos on TA the other day and it looks fantastic, i still have a few questions though :que ...I know that it's long trousers in the restaurants but is it also shirts with collars or are T shirts acceptable, I'm normally a very casual traveller but I don't want to spoil the trip by being refused entry into the eating establishments because I'm under dressed... :duh, i'm sure the missus wouldn't be very pleased
The Tropitel is open but for some reason the UK agents are moving their guests to other hotels. :que
There is someone on TA who works at the hotel and it has been open since 17th October.
Hi everyone

Nice to see some life in the Egypt forum :)

Ive recently come back from my 4th trip to sharm and keep thinking that I need to go to another resort soon that's why the interest.

Thanks for mentioning the other hotels Jean, it's always good to know of other options. We like all kinds of hotels from large and luxury, to small and friendly and most stuff inbetween, so long as the deal is right and the weather good i'm prepared to give most a go.

Would be just as happy at the Premier le Reve or the smaller boutique hotel. Strange how the tropitel is open but UK operators are not sending clients, must be to do with contractual arrangements I guess.

If I was you Spurry I would pack a couple of short sleeved formal shirts just in case it it is really posh, you dont want to look the odd one out. You could wear them for dinner and kind of keep recycling them every other night. :rofl

You should have been at the Hilton Sharks bay with us the other week, I had never seen such a hotch potch of odd gear in a restaurant, one lady was in a low cut beautiful evening dress with a load of jewelry & her hubby had on plastic flipflops (like the ones you used to get in woolies), swimmers & a T shirt and that was for the evening meal - most bizarre. :rofl
Phew some going looking at all 485 photos, bet that put you in the mood for the holiday !

Spurry - you will be fine with ordinary t-shirts, as long as they have some sort of sleeve (not vests) it's not that formal!!

During the day you can wear shorts at either of the food outlets.

By the way - the photo's don't do the place justice.It's far nicer that the photo's look!

Jay Trip - yes I read on TA too about UK TO's not sending customers to the Tropitel :que maybe they would be setting themselves up for too many complaints if not fully open? A month or so ago, when we were there it didn't look ready to open anytime soon. And as there are so few hotels open in Sahl there would be no option to send them to another hotel? Customers would complain if they were sent to another resort?
Spurry - you will be fine with ordinary t-shirts, as long as they have some sort of sleeve (not vests) it's not that formal!!

During the day you can wear shorts at either of the food outlets.

By the way - the photo's don't do the place justice.It's far nicer that the photo's look!

Thanks for that info , i'm starting to plan what needs to be packed ...only 12 days to go...... :)
I was trying to price up for Febuary, but the price is still nearly 1800 GBP for two in what I assume is the standard room. I wonder if Thomson are keeping the prices high on purpose to maintain the exclusive nature of the place, also I am a bit concerned about if it will be hot in Feb so could be a gamble anyway.

12 days will soon go spurry :)

Hi , well we finally went and now it's all over and we're back home :que :cry , i will post a report sometime over the next few days , lots to say(mostly positive) , just need to make time to think it through and write it all down.
Welcome home spurry, glad you ahd a good time and looking forward to reading your review.

I've posted a report :cheers , but it may take time to be put on the site due to moderation processes , but i am willing to answer any questions that anyone may have about the hotel/resort.
Edit , review now available to read
Great review Spurry, so glad you had a nice time. Pity about the bar situation, but it sounds like you didn't let it spoil the holiday. I do find that wherever you go and however good it is there's normally that one niggely little something that stops it from being 100% but if you want to go back then it must have been good. :cheers as I always think that is the true test of a place.

Good review Spurry - glad you enjoyed it!
Great review Spurry, so glad you had a nice time. Pity about the bar situation, but it sounds like you didn't let it spoil the holiday. I do find that wherever you go and however good it is there's normally that one niggely little something that stops it from being 100% but if you want to go back then it must have been good. :cheers as I always think that is the true test of a place.

doe...You're 100% correct it didn't spoil the holiday, it was annoying at the time but it was soon put to the back of our minds, the hotel was the best we have ever stayed in, the food,staff, accommodation etc are all superb , the management at the hotel are always striving to make things better and we were contacted throughout the week by guest relations asking us if everything was ok...
We have always stayed in Sharm (HV) before but i have to say that this part of the country/coast is beautiful and we will definitely be going back (funds permitting).
Just read back through my report and noticed 1 or 2 mistakes , the bar with the smoking section inside is the Long Bar!! and the weather was 'windy' not 'win day'(bloody spell checker).
i have posted a copy of the report on TA as i know the manager reads the reviews so i will wait in anticipation for a comment!!

Oh yes daytime temps were around 23-25c in the shade and at night it dropped to 17-19c(i have a geeky weather station that i take).
Ooh only just looked in on this topic . So this is where all the action is on the Egypt forum now :rofl

Might have to have a good look at this one . Wont be any good for me next year as I've already booked flights to Sharm and we are looking forward to going back to HSB but after that I think as long as it's somewhere where the the guys can dive from it would be nice to look at something different again , even if it's just for the one year ..

Oops just noticed .. Adults only . Oh well might have to wait a few years then :D
Spurry,Ive just read your review and regarding the smoking issue the same happened to us last December in Hurghada.
Many of the British guests there the same time as us were non smokers so we expressed our concern as we were told to go outside.
We said as it was warm outside and there was a very large entertainment area where smoking was allowed surely it made sense to have the lobby with the sofas as a non smoking area.
The next day it became a no smoking area which amazed us but there was still a lovely bar off reception where smoking was allowed so everyone was happy.
I must say we enjoyed Hurghada much better than Sharm especially the residential area down town which wasnt for the faint hearted but we didnt get any hassle at all.
The PLR looks a fab hotel but is way out of our budget but I can recommend the Sindbad Aqua hotel especially for families.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.