Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi cherished,

Had a quick look round and the only one I can find is on Holidaywatchdog site,

Hope that helps
Sorry Don't know what happened there!!!!!!!

Holidaywatchdog
I have just posted a review after returning from a 10 day holiday there.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/tunisia/skanes/primasol-golden-beach/

I'm happy to answer any further questions or alternatively, drop me an email to:

emrofmapson

at

yahoo dot co dot uk.
I've just read your report and am so sorry you had such a bad experience at the hotel. It sounds like a complete fiasco from beginning to end. I'm glad that it hasn't completely put you off Tunisia though.

I've never been asked if I've any dinars when leaving the country, nor have I been searched, so you were again very unfortunate. We are all warned that we can't take dinars out of the country but I freely admit that I always risk it as I go there a couple of times a year and like to have some cash when I arrive for taxis, trains and tips etc. I've never bothered to hide them either, though obviously I wouldn't dream of recommending people take the risk. As you can indeed spend dinars airside at some of the places, particularly in the cafes at Tunis airport, it makes a mockery of the rules. :roll:
Thanks for that Aslemma. It may have sounded throughout the post as if I was being quite harsh but for what it's worth, I do consider myself (and my wife more-so) to be fair, reasonable people with very long fuses and I wanted my review to accurately reflect what we both felt at the time and after consideration when we got home. Like I said, I'd still consider Tunisia for a 'mid-price' summer holiday in the future although if we ever do return, it would have to be at a highly regarded hotel and just basic bed and breakfast and using the saving to eat out (which again, can be done relatively cheaply). Reading many other reviews of various hotels, it was very rare to find anyone who had a good word to say about their 'all inclusive' decision.

Hey though, maybe I've been spoiled in the past and was expecting too much. I've been on genuine, really good all-inclusive holidays to the Carribean before BUT paid through the nose for it. Perhaps the old adage "you get what you pay for" should be remembered.

To anyone reading my post who's booked up to go to the GB, I'm sorry to have scared you but felt duty bound to report our findings. You only get one summer holiday a year (unless you're loaded and don't have a job ha ha) and when you spend £800 of your hard earned money, it's understandable that you get upset when you don't think you've had a £800 holiday in return...
hoping to book golf residence in the next few days has anyone any info on this hote many thanks christine :lol: :lol: :lol:
oops! golf residence is in port el kantaoui thanks christine :oops: :oops:
Of course you were right to post your genuine impressions of the hotel safarijoe. If everyone only posted when they felt things were wonderful (or even worse, said they were good when they obviously weren't) these forums wouldn't be much use. I admit I never go 'all inclusive' anywhere, as I do like to get out and see a bit of the local colour, rather than staying round the hotel, but I think it can be a good idea with children, particularly if it is truly AI, as you shouldn't get any nasty surprises. Your post lets people know that AI at that hotel is certainly not worth the money and is a useful warning.

Christine, I stayed in the Golf Residence a few years ago and it was OK. The entertainment left a lot to be desired, though it wasn't in the height of the season. It is well placed for the Marina and the Water Park, though that shuts at the end of October. It is almost next door to the Golf Brau (pub) and there is internet access close by. There are some fairly recent reports on it in the hotel review section, two from August and one from June.
i am really thinking about changeing from this hotel to another sounds like hotel from hell
I really think it might be best not to risk it. There are plenty of hotels in Tunisia and though we all like different things and have different expectations, that one sounds horrendous. :roll:
i have now changed hotel and we are going to the hotel next door which is called Thalassa Village skanes the reviews are alot better then the one on primasol golden beach so i am now really looking forward to my holiday now :lol: :D :P
:D :D :D
Just got back from one weeks hols in the Primasol Golden Beach,
we read the negative reports before we went but decided to go anyway ,mainly because we like to make our own mind up about places.
Are we glad we did.
for a start we paid very little for a 4 star all inclusive(lowcostbeds)
but what a little gem it turned out to be.
It helps if you have been to Tunisia before then it's not so much of a culture shock.
After a day or so I realised that the problems people might have encounted previously were caused by the fact that this was until quite recently a hotel for Germans.
Please give the staff time to adapt,they are trying very hard.
That said,we found all the hotel staff very friendly.
A welcome drink on arrival after a very cheap taxi transfer from the nearby airport (dont book it before you go)
because the porter was nowhere to be found the reception staff carried our luggage up to the room for us.
The room was ok nothing more.
The food we found was very nice as long as you dont expect english,a mixture between french and north african( tunisia was a french colony until 1934 and you will find this very evident in the food ,drink and the language)with a large buffet and a choice to suit all tastes.
In the morning they also did fresh eggs while you wait (fried scrambbled or omlettes)
lunch was another good buffet plus freshly cooked pizzas and dinner was candlelit with plenty of meats and vegatables.
Everyday the animation team entertained you or left you alone to sunbathe(me the 1st my wife the latter)
Overall a very enjoyable holiday and a location we would certainly return to.
You make your own mind up, we did.
Alan

Sorry but Tunisia gained independence in 1956.

Dorra
:D
Thanks for that dorra
got it wrong again
I'll get my coat
Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.