Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hotel reviews
4 Posts
I think that hotel/apartment reviews can be helpful but in my experience can also be misleading too.
We holidayed in apartments in Marmaris last year that were given rave reviews by many on Tripadvisor but when we got there it was as if we had come to a completely different place, the reportedly 'friendly' staff were surly, uncooperative, and on occasion downright rude, and the accommodation we were given was not airy and clean, but a dingy little room the size of a cupboard next to the bar. Conversely, a hotel we went to in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt, 2 years before, was given quite bad reviews, but when we got there it was, and still is, one of the best establishments we have stayed in!!!!!!!!!
So this year we have gone with 'Owners Direct', instead of booking a hotel/complex.
And would advise writers of reviews to try to be objective, i.e. if the manager was nice to you because you frequented the bar thereby spending money in his establishment try to balance this with the complaints you heard from others who did not spend money in the bar etc., and were treated appallingly.
X
Its worth noting that, unlike some other sites, we don't allow reviews from the same country as the hotel( with the exception of UK). As someone who approves reviews I can tell you that it is amazing just how many reviews we don't allow. This does stop many reviews being posted by the owners or hotels themselves. It also stops negative reviews being posted by rivals. We always let the reviewers know that they are welcome to repost on return from holiday, as some can be genuine holidaymakers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.