Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I stayed at Emmanuel resort on Baga rd last year about 500 yards Calangute side from Subway / shooters bar, should be well within your budget, A/C, telly and small(very small) pool and a great English run bar Eclipse underneath. If your interested let me know :tup
Found them on the net. I've sent an email but its not direct to them. If you have their direct email that would be great.
Try Molly Malones in Calangute good rooms for the price and I'm sure Lesley will give you the room for around 1500R if he is quiet.
If you skip the likes of a swimming pool, most of the rooms on offer all round Calangute with overhead fan and fridge, will only sett you back 800 rps or much less Thats room only of course but most "regulars " will have breakfast at the shacks or wherever takes their fancy anyway It's really all you need if you're only sleeping there Alan
Hi...Last year my taxi driver fixed us up with accomodqation at Hacienda Guest House in Baga, it is right opposite Costa Coffee about 10 yrds down the road opposite,behind the school. or 100 yrds from the entrance to the Ronil.Great place to stay £7.00 per night with ac. breakfast not incl.Rooms very clean, staff great...Loads of people called in there to stay one or two nights , we were there for 3 weeks another English couple were there long stay . If they cant accomodate lady was ringing round other places for rooms for people.......Liz
Yeah I know my way round anyway so it'll only be to sleep and get ready at night. Love my breakfast in the shack! I will need a total of 10 nights in this type of accommodation.

My Plan is:
4 Days in the North
2 Days Palolem
2 Days Dwarka Goa
4 Days Hampi
3 Days North or South
3 Days Wildernest
3 days North or South

Thanks for all the tips people! I'm please i'm not staying in one hotel this year! I recon i'll get to see a lot more of what Goa has to offer.
hi feelthevibe could you also pm me the direct email for emanuel resort cheers wendy :)
Will do Wendy, firstly I need to know if Mardon got a reply from it to make sure it is right :think
Or there's Almira's which is beside the Santiago. They do one bedroom apts for 1000 rupess (1200 with AC). All their rooms have separate sitting area and 'kitchen' including fridge freezer!
although we don't allow personal emails on the forum we are quite happy to have business ones. :)
Mardon if you don't have any luck with the other suggestions you could give Mary's Resediency a try. Run by a lovely family with the help of a local girl who does the cleaning etc. It's located just off Baga Road down the side road next to Our lady of Piety Church. Basic accom, no pool or restaurant but very clean.
GFF xx
http://www.marysresidency.com/index.html
Thanks for all the reply. I will try and have a look round them all. I have quite a few days to spare so sould be able to try most of them out.

Here is my reply from Emmanuel:

Hi Mark, We do have rooms available please call Mr Satish 9322266626 Or 0832 2275584 reception.

Thanks
William

Hello,

I have been passed you details on recommendation. Myself and Girlfriend are travelling round Goa for three weeks. Do you have availability from the 9th to 12th Feb 2009 (4 nights) in a standard room?

Regards,
  • Edited by mardon 2009-01-28 15:00:50
Wendy, willpereira1@yahoo.co.uk e-mail for Emmanuel resort and address it to William ;) and Mardon say hello to Dipoo and Danno in the bar from Andy and Julie :tup
Hi Mardon - I certainly wouldn't stay in a dormhouse - they are just a device because you're not supposed to have "flight only" to Goa.

You obviously know your way around so I'd just get a cab in Calangute and go knocking on doors to see what's available. It's really not busy in Goa at the moment and there is plenty of accommodation available. If you turn up on somebody's doorstep and you look half respectable, you can get a great deal...and you get to see before you buy.

We did this in Novemer and got a great deal on excellent accommodation. I do have the number of a guy who has 8 en-suite rooms behind Bob's Inn, pm me if you're interested.

Sounds like you'll have a great trip, seeing a lot of Goa. Enjoy! :tup
Thats what i'm thinking i'll have more barganing power. I will need to arrange places for a total of 10 nights (not including hampi - i'll sort that when I get there) so it will be good to stay in a few different places.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.