Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
AJ There's plenty of fabric places in the indoor market in margoa in the south (75 rp) Tuk Tuk ride away from Colva
Thanks Arltogoa2006. I am quite familier with Colva as I have stayed there a couple of times. Will check it out.... thanks again.
There is a shop called habitat near Baga that sells all sorts of fabrics. It took them a year to get one of our blinds right. Would never use them again. The guy who owns the shop was so rude to my wife that the taxi driver had to step in and manhandle him away from her. Mind you he was good as gold when I went to see him, and the blind was only an inch short that time.
All our local friend in Calangute go to Mapsa when shopping for fabrics. There are load of shops in the market and surrounding area The one they recommended to us was Mustaphas, who have both a material shop and a tailors in the heart of the market, much cheaper than in Baga or Calangute Alan
Thanks to all of you for your input. This is the first time my friend is coming along to Goa with me and she would be absolutely delighted :pele to see all the markets and fabric shops. We are going to stay in Baga / Calangute area and travel to different places within Goa from there. Three more months to go.... :fly
Mapsa is brilliant for fabrics, I brought back loads last year, really heavy fabric for curtains.
Hi sandyboy
I cant believe that Claude would ever be like that I am amazed, :shock: he is always normally a very mild and gentle guy and his wife is lovely, I get everything for my house made at habitat and have always found them incredible over the years i have known them. although not the cheapest you can find still great value compared to Uk. the habitat I am talking about is on the Mapusa road maybe there are two??? but if so I havent noticed the other one in Baga
Chilly
I bought the most gorgeous fabric in Habitat, and will be going back for more soon, they have an amazing amount of fabulous material. I also second what gramps has said, Mapsua is much cheaper than most other places, but found Habitat just so full of beautiful fabrics, I got the same feeling as if I was in a shoe shop, too much choice, not enought money.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.