General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I like the idea, but than I like positive feedback :)
+1. It would be a welcome change to the usual gloom and doom! And praise has a way of motivating folk and brightening one's day!
I agree, there is so much doom & gloom about in this "sueing culture" we have. It's an excellent idea. I often tell people who work in shops etc, who are polite & courteous & have a smile for me, what a good job they're doing. As a society we are all too quick to criticize.
Not sure about this one. Wouldn't the subject be too 'wide'. People would be posting about reps, airlines, check-in staff, flight stewards, TO;s hotels etc etc and with all the combinations in loads of different countries all in the one thread. I imagine things would be 'lost' to the reader amongst all the pages.

In my humble opinion by posting the praise in the sections we've already got, a reader will be able to access the info relevant to them. I think the Complaints section is a necessity to help people asking advice on how to proceed with their various complaints. Mind this is only my opinion
Agree in principle but as Shirley says better in each individual forum rather than just a section of its own.

Patka
It just that people always want to give negative feedback so anything positive is good for a change, like everyone these days seems to quick to make a complaint :S

I've been on holiday in Scotland to this hotel type of thing with little chalets, and I had to wait ages for check in, than was given the wrong room and had to sleep in the kitchen on a put-me-up bed (I was only young) but I still had a good time as only used it a base, but when some have the same experience they only put the negatives, none of the positives.
Tarry I think you have highlighted exactly what the drawback to a dedicated praise section would be, for every compliment and praise posted you will get others who will come and then post their complaints and negatives for the company, hotel, airline or whatever.

A nice idea and it would be good to focus on the positives however, IMHO I think the topic would very quickly go :offtop and end up in 'heated debate' and would then end up locked.
I like the idea in principle, but a single forum would, I think, be too wide - Graham, would it be possible to do a "sticky" on each forum, and if you turn out to be right (again ;) ) then the stickies can be removed?
I will ask what the powers that be think of this and see if we can progress it :tup
Could be that even in their own forums we could still get the heated debates. For instance if I posted what a wonderful hotel/staff/flight I had there's bound to be someone who doesn't have such a positive opinion.

The complaints section is there primarily for people who are having problems so that we can all, hopefully, help them out in their time of need.

Will wait and see what other response we have :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.