General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Got my flights booked from the UK to Seville in Spain for February next year booked. But still checking out hotels though. Usually I book flights 7-8 months in advance and that they suit me (even though they can change, from booking them until departure date). Then I can spend a bit more time researching the hotel(s), I want to book. Will probably book hotel in the next couple of months or so.
We already have our flights booked,for turkey sept next year.I usually have 2 holidays booked,at any one time,it drives hubby mad,but I like to have something to look forward to.
yesterday i booked my feb 2012 holiday to Tenerife, so now this years holiday to book soon .. :yikes
My holidays are already booked for this summer and have been for a while. I would book for next year if I could but my husbdna wont book it too early.

Get booking or you could end up being disappointed and not getting what you want, it is already late ;)
I booked last month for April 2012 (a package). Will book flights this Nov/Dec for our other holiday in August '12 which is a DIY villa with flights from Easyjet or Ryanair..
It depends really. On my trip to Cuba in 2009 it was booked over a year in advance as my mother was paying for 10 of us to go for her anniversary and wanted plenty of time to plan everything. When we went to Turkey last May it was booked 3 weeks before, Dom Rep at Xmas was booked last June so 6 months before and our upcoming trip in October this year was booked in March. :)
I'm not very technical minded, but can you tell me where I can get a countdown timer thing you mentioned? Had a quick google but seem to be ones you copy and paste to a website, I want one to sit on the desktop screen please. Just booked last night for may 2012 :)
Im normally all booked for my august costa del sol holiday in december but this year we have left it late due to funds, so have booked for 7th october...booked it 6 weeks ago, im a bit dubious goin so late but I wasnt gunna miss out...next year we will go marbella in august and will book this around xmas time this year..
I booked my holiday to Rhodes in May last year but I normally book 3-4 weeks before departure.
I went to Tunisia in March booked a couple of weeks before departure and paid £355 for 2 weeks in a Rui hotel.
We made friends with a couple who had booked last year and had paid £509 for 1 week. :yikes
I want to book now , but having problems getting flights from my local airport
We got back from this year's holiday on the 18th August. Started looking for next year o the 20th. Booked a Villa in France at the start of September for next August! Tunnel already booked as are flights for the rest of the family to join us out there!

Today found a pack of 4 hi vis jackets in ALDI for £8 so that everyone has one when we pick them up from the airport. New satnav on order. Old one won't hold its charge anymore plus the maps are 3 years out of date and buying a new one is not much more expensive than buying the updates!
Already booked a week in Malta at Easter, & 2 weeks in Corfu for the begiining of August. Excited already :tup When I see what I want, at a price I'm prepared to pay, then I don't see the point in hanging on, & possibly landing up paying more or losing out on my choice.
fingers crossed we will be booking today looks like its going to be Lesbos flying from Gatwick
Another early booker here - summer 2012 holiday (med cruise) booked 12 months in advance.
I am terrible for my holidays and am already having a nose around for things to do in 2013 :yikes
usually 11 months in advance after I come back home, sometimes if I know where I want to go, I will book 14 months, just as theyt release next years holidays
We have already booked our holiday for Rhodes next June (to make sure we can fly from our local airport and get the villa we want) - however,we are off to Kenya next Monday having booked about 3 months ago - foolishly I looked at availability (to see how full the plane was!!! :rofl ) - it is still available - but about £700 cheaper per couple :yikes Still, you pays your money...etc etc
I usually book about a year in advance for our main holiday then slip in a weekend break,a week to Spain and sometimes a week in Cornwall so that we always have something to look forward to.
Satnav arrived yesterday. Have already saved the Villa, the Airport and the homes of 2 friends into it ready for next august!
I always book as soon as they come out in may and we normally go June/July.

Better to book sooner so can get the hotel you want at the right price.

having a baby I always need to plan ahead
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.