Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I'm not sure on this, but I don't think it is possible in a day, I'm pretty sure its a trip that lasts for 3 days. BUT I'm not sure on that, we have lots of trip-company leaflets at home so I'll try and have a look later and make sure.
It's 320km/192miles, and approx 5 to 5.1/2 hours by road.
We did a two day trip when I was last there some years ago, I remember the roads being mountainous. I saw quite a few trips offered that included a one night stay.
Ok, found all the leaflets my daughter has kept from our 09 holidays to Side...why she is keeping leaflets I don't know :que

Anway, 'Magic Valley' tours offer a 1 day or a 2 day trip to Pamumukale. These are advertised as HB, and the cost is 1 day €25, 2 days €35.

Trajanus tour offers the same as above (TL prices are 55TL and 75TL for 1 and 2 days).

We have two different leaflets for Ora Tour. They are offering a two day HB trip...however 1 leaflet says €25 and one says €35.

Selale Tour (a lovely man calling himself George gave us this leaflet) offers a 1 and 2 day HB trips. 1 day is €25 and 2 days is €30.

Correct Tours says it is €25, but doesn't specify how many days.

Ora tours is giving prices in Sterling. £30 for 2 days, £22 for 1 day.

Ok, these prices are only guides, they were given to us in July and October, they might be higher or lower this season. The one day tours all leave at or before 6am, the two day tours tend to leave Side at around 8-9am. They mainly seem to leave on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

So, it is possible to do a day trip, but it will be a very early start, a late arrival back, a lot of travelling, and possibly not much time once you get there. Hope I've helped.
thanx advice everyone.
crikey Cloclo you are a useful person to know...well your daughter is especially good anyway.
what other places are good to visit in that area? my kids are 14, 11 & 9 .
we haven't visited that area before so open to all suggestions.

thank you and happy holidays

Sandra
:hols :hols :hols
The ruins around Side are great to look round...though in the summer its pretty hot. Its better at night, although you don't get such good photos. We ended up leaving it to the last but one day to revisit them in July (we were waiting for a 'cooler' day - turned out that was the hottest) and I have wonderful pictures of the teenager sulking under a tree trying to get some shade (to be fair, I think I remember something about a migrane that day).

A boat trip on the Mannavgat river is great...we loved it. We did a more traditonal one the first year we went (the lunch onboard was suprisingly good), and the beach we stopped at was lovely. We also saw turtles, and it was a great day. Last year we were invited to go and pick up one of the Parasailing speedboats from Mannavgat and bring it round to Side beach - less peaceful!

The boat trip (above) was part of a trip where we went to the Mannavgat waterfalls (yes they are lovely looking, but we felt they weren't as wonderful as they were hyped up to be). It was lovely and cool there though! On that trip we also went to a shop (loads of fake goods - the younger daughters 'D&G' jeans would still be going strong if she didn't grow so much!). It also went to Manavgat market, which we enjoyed. I would try to make sure you visited it, but not as part of a trip.

There are also more waterfalls towards Antalya I think, and I want to visit these this year. You can also visit Antalya as part of a trip (well we were offered this at just 10TL per adult, free for the two kids - but didn't notice this on any leaflets, this was one of the guys who we were drinking/eating with at night)

Along the beach there are lots of watersportd (although there may not be this year due to all the constuction going on on the beach).

When are you going and where are you staying?
Hi CloClo
Do you have any info on the state of the beach around the Side Star Beach Hotel. and also the hotel. :que

Many Thanks
The Preacher.
The Preacher wrote:
Hi CloClo
Do you have any info on the state of the beach around the Side Star Beach Hotel. and also the hotel. :que

Many Thanks
The Preacher.

I think (not 100% sure) that this is the area that is undergoing a lot of the demolition/rebuilding work. I remember a post (I think on here) that gave a link to some photos (its probably on the Demolition thread), and the street by the hotel was a load of rubble. I think they were rebuilding it though.

We stayed very near to this in October, and walked down the nearest main street...a few bars (quiet at that time of year), shops (both little food/drinks shops and the usual fake goods). It was really friendly around there.

The beach isn't far from there, and I think the beach is lovely all along. In fact, the worst part is in front of the Arum, where its really rocky! That part of the beach is affected by the building of that pathway though, but should be done by the start of the season.
Thanks CloClo
Will just have to hope they have it sorted by the time we go.

The Preacher.
Hi CloClo,
we're going at the beginning of August and staying in private apartments.....can't remember the name except they called them 'the green apartments' only 7 mins walk to the beach...lets hope it's worth walking to eh?
the sulky teenager sounds familiar to us...our son did alot of moaning about the heat last year and would've been happy to sit indoors with his DS all holiday!!!!!!

thanks for all your travel hints.
enjoy your holiday

Sandra x
:sun2 :sun2 :sun2
Yep, sulky teenager...though bet if I suggested staying in England in the cool she wouldn't be too impressed :rofl She likes the heat, but the sightseeing in 45C+ was a bit much I think.

Any more questions and I'll try to help :) We go at the beginning of July, can't wait :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.