Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
not heard anything but I'm with you there will probably be exactly the same shacks -- with a few more too
lets wait and see!!
cheers Lyn
Hi G L,

Are you in Goa or just looked on the herald website, I have just sat down and read it in the paper, Sun is shinning here, how about over in the UK if that's where you are?.

Mike
Hi Mike
No we are in the uk. Back in Goa in November for a month. I always read the herald to read the latest news on the ship etc. Do you think they will manage to shift it this year.
:offtop Sorry Fiona
The article states that last year nearly 50% of the traditional owners did not get a licence. I did not notice that many new shack owners last year. Or did the usual owners buy a licence from one of the new holders. I also see that a large number of youth have applied. If they are successful will we have more loud music to keep us entertained during the day :?
This has been going on as long as we have been visiting Goa (13 years) Our second or third trip was a disaster due to the govt deciding to ban all shacks, we didnt believe it when we got to the beach around the Goan Heritage and there wasnt a single shack open, no shade or beds and it stayed that way the whole month we were there.(rumour had it the hotels were complaining tourists weren't spending their cash with them) The shacks for tourists are an important part of Goa and without them their beaches may be beautiful but no where near as inviting.
cheers Lyn
Not so many beds this year quote the Herald yesterday

http://oheraldo.in/innerlist.asp?cid=26
Your post about 10 years ago brought back some memories Lynn, we finished up using Sip and dip shack, as his shack was off the beach on his land,so he was allowed it, and 10 beds as well. As you say the place is'nt the same without the shacks. I think they might try limiting the sunbeds this year and if they do, the shackowners will start charging for them, thereby putting up everyones costs, and likely putting off a few more people that have just about had enough of the way both the national goverment and the local polititions think that no matter how they treat us, we'll just put up with it, mabey this will be the year they find out different when they loose a lot of their long time customers. Alan
Alan don't give up on Goa I am convinced once some modern thinking politicians get in place things will change hopefully before its too late.. I love the place and keep trying to break away but it keeps pulling me back!! If I had my choice I'd sell up now and take my chance there cos although we critisise the Indian Govt isn't out country in a little bit of a mess??
cheers Lyn x
So right goan love,goa has got some problems at moment, but i am not happy the way britain is going at the moment,once i can get visa out of way dabalin airport out of way, i will forget every thing bad i have read on here,i think visas is getting every body back up.
Alan, it will sort out the ones who really love Goa from those who want an easy life!!!
cheers Lyn
goa
I remember that year Lynn, was a nightmare, hiding in beach shacks, burying drinks in the sand, lol was a great holiday though
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.