Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Wet, and the shacks are taken down and stored for the monsoon season normally erected again around October, Chilly may give you more information if I have it wrong :lol: .

Alan
There are a few beach shacks open near Calangute steps but all the other close as most of their staff start to leave in April/May. The beach becomes deserted and peaceful. The seas becomes VERY rough and this lasts throughout the monsoon, the monsoon normally lasts until the middle of September, but in September the rains are normally few and far between, there's a brand new feel to Goa as everything is bright, green and fresh. The shacks start to be effected (govt permitting) in October, I personally feel September is a great time to come... Although my mind will change the more people that do come so ignore me on this one, then I get Goa to myself that bit longer.... :D
There are 2 different sorts of shacks. Some are on private land. These can open when they like, and some will already be up and running in September. Most are "on the beach", which nobody can "own". These are not supposed to open until they have their licences, which doesn't usually happen until Oxctober, or even November as the givernemnt like to leave allocation of licences until the last minute. Some open earlier, without waiting for a licence.

Weather in September: sunshine and showers! You will get some wet days, but should also get some dry ones. QUite humid, but as Rob says, peaceful and beautiful.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.