Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Good morning I.L.H ...go to stringfellows beach shack in candolim its very good it has an upstairs and you can sit there at sunset ..plus you will deffo see the dolphins at some time of the day most days ..
also we found a shack in nov past called the kingfisher we found it good and the fella who run it was so kind I love a big thurmal cup full of ice for my drinks ..he told me the ice was not good at his shack :rofl so he sent one of the shack boys on a moterbike to his house to fill my cup with ice .......you do not pay for beds at these 2 shacks .
Bonos was very good too but I dont like when you are asked to pay for a sunbed so we only went here the onced ..but it was good ..if you dont mind waiting 5 hrs for your food :rofl I know lots of people on the forum say the toilets are good here and they are but if you ask me thats all it has going for it .......colleen
We used Lawrencios shack on Candolim beach last year, nice food, no sunbed fees, and a 2 minute walk from our hotel (Silver Sands)... hope it's still there this season.
I have never been charged for sun beds, and this will be my 6th visit tomorrow.

One shack did try to charge us a few years ago, but they said they wont charge if we have lunch there.

We usually do that anyway.
Hi Lozza Lawrencio,s is still there used it in Nov will be there again from feb8th ,good food
and no charge for sun beds,but lots of others are charging now whether you eat or not, :(
ann
Can anyone recommend an overall good shack to use?

With very clean toilets that do not smell preferably.

We use squeeze shack in baga, the lads are lovely, but some days we might want to visit a few others for a change of scenery .
aarond - that's good news!! It's the only shack we have ever used, we went there on our first day of our holiday last year - and stayed put for the rest of the fortnight!

I'm not sure of your knowledge of the shacks, but how would you compare it to others??
Lozza its the 2nd time we have used it and found the family very friendly,the food i would
say is on par with most,but my o/h loves pancakes with honey and they really know how
to make them,we are staying on Holiday street our first week , will be there when we are
at the Phoenix Park our 2nd week :sun2
ann
Oh my goodness - I LOVE their pineapple pancakes!! How yummy!

I was just wondering (incase we were missing out on anything) what their food was like in comparison to other decent shacks... I don't mind trying other shacks but my boyfriend reallys likes Lawrencios so I don't think we will be budging!
Funnily enough ive never been charged for a sunbed anywhere in Goa - not Bonos either although ive heard others saying theyve been charged. Ive never waited a long time for a meal at any shack either.
I dont particularly like a lot of shacks along Candolim way, only my opinion of course. Too spread out, no atmosphere and a find a lot tacky and messy inside. The sea is much rougher as well and I dont like that either.
gemma the day of the big meet up we had to pay for the sun beds ..plus he she wanted us to pay for 11...yes 11 pepsi ..and you know i only drink coffee :rofl ......we only had a few kingfisher and a few sprite that day .......
Best to always check the bill Irishcolleen, and luckily you did! I guess that can happen anywhere tho, happens here as well.
Many thanks for all the replies, now at last we have got names of shacks to look out for.
Again, thank you all on this very friendly forum.

Irish Colleen:
we are staying at Sunset Beach Resort, Candolim, so are Stringfellows and Kingfishers nearby please?
Thanks for your help.
Go and see my friends at Frank Zappas, first shack right from beach road. They dont charge for beds and will look after you all day running up and down with drinks, food etc. They are one of the original Candolim shacks, first one with a proper loo!!! Lovely people, give them a try
Roxey Frank Zappa,s were charging for the beds at the end of nov went there
3days then moved on to Francisco,s shack ,great people no charge for beds,
it all adds up when there for 3 weeks :que
ann
Our family have been going to Radha Shack on Candolim beach for just over 10 years. Always friendly and helpful, wonderful food and spotless toilet. Great BBQ nights too. Veejay there has sorted out Jet Skis, Fishing trips and speed boats to Anjuna Market etc. etc. We even had our "wedding reception" there.
Where about is Radha Shack vodkasundae. Sound like a good shack! Might try it out!
If you go down the side of the Health Centre in Candolim, follow path round to the left then round to the right you will go over a small (feels big when you stagger up at night LOL!) patch of sand where the kids play football. Go straight down to the beach and Radha is just on the left.

Hope you like it :-)
Thanks Vodkasundae. We dont go for 6 weeks yet, but I am going to start taking notes of these different beach shacks and new eating out places to try. Thanks, will let you know how it goes :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.