Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Lets hope so ginlizzy or we will have nowhere to go :hmmm Not to worry there is alway the oceanic at Baga Beach, fantastic there!
Heard yesterday that there are a dozen or so just starting to sort
there materials out for building,along Candolim beach area.dont know which ones though. 8)
I had an email from the lads at Baywatch shack last week

They said that that the lottery ? for beach shack licences takes place on the 30th october
The roof of Ganesh shack is being put together at his house - 1st week in November when they start to put them up on the beach.
My wife and I use a shack Called , 'Sea Side Shack'. in Candolim,for the last 10 years. It has cost Reme,(the owner) 35000 rupes this year, after negotiating from 50000 rupees.

Anyway they are up and building ready for our arrival on the 13th November.
I hope they hurry we're off there on Thursday!
Hi Spike :D Hopefully Ganesh shack should be ready for when we get there. I have sent you a PM hope you get my reply ok. You can let me know :D Ive put this posting in as well cos dont think you got my first reply by PM.
Gemma33
Where exactly is Ganesh shack
ta
R50 from anywhere in candolim in a taxi thats how I found it

lol me
Thats a big help Lezlie
:rofl :rofl :rofl
well its R50 down two the walk over the ill first left anyhow Spike will be there just ask the taxi driver to drop you off by Spike they all know who Spike is

and yes I am

les :glynis :rofl :rofl :glynis
didnt think the walk there was that bad :rofl
Hi Ginlizzy just waiting on Spike getting back to me about directions from the phoenix park to Ganesh shack. Ive got a little flag to take over to Ganesh from spike and his wife. We can arrange a day to meet there if you want Ginlizzy. I will get back to you once ive heard from Spike :D
Sent you a PM Gemma - and will send you further details on how to get there,easy enough.
If you want a taxi or tuc-tuc there,as Lez says 50 rupees from the Phoenix Park Hotel. Just jump in and ask for the Whispering Palms hotel end of the beach road - when you are stood facing the sea, Ganesh shack is to your left (will send you a small map) - you may have noticed another thread about the HT meet ups ? well.... also on this beach road is the tai restaurant that the Candolim meet up will be.
The Phoenix Park where you are staying is in a very good postion for walking to the beach and all restaurants / pubs / shops , so a good choice you have made.
Another beach road close to this has a very addictive cake shop (not that we went in every day.... :wink: ) hope it's open this season - maybe Linb can confirm ? (I blame her for the excess pounds I put on !!!)
There are only 2 or 3 shacks up at the moment, the lottery should have taken place today, have not heard of the outcome as yet.
Spike you must be talking about sweet art, it is not open yet, but I walk past every day in hope, especially as chocolati is not open either, wasting away here, but will carry on regardless.

Lin
Sweet Art - thats the one !! very nice...
Hi all, going to goa candolim in 12days first time, im staying at the prazeres. could any one tell me what shacks are nearest and the best?. also heard alot about bobbys how far is that from prazeres. really looking foward to going cant wait. thanks shazzer
shazzerallen,
Bobbys is about 20-30 mins from Prazeres. Go to main road and turn right, follow main road to main beach road, and down beach road to beach. Bobbys is on left hand side just through sand dunes.
The nearest shacks are on the beach almost opposite the road from Prazeres, down to main road, turn left then almost immediatly right. About 10-15 mins from Prazeres.
All times are approximate, depends how fast you walk, how many times you stop and look around etc.
hi samtheboater, many thanks for that, do you know any names of the best shacks to use? or does any body else? thanks again shazzer :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.