General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I always like to take 3 or 4 hols a year, this year we were at Goa for new year, Jamaica in April , Thailand/Laos in July then a short break in Marrakech in October, I love holidays :)
do you get a discount on your council tax? ;)
I'm not going to like this topic as everyone always seems to get more than me. :bawl :bawl

However by some small miracle this year I hope to have three, Egypt, the Algarve and the Costa Dorada. :hyper :hyper That's a bit unprecidented though it's normally one or maybe two if I'm lucky and not too broke.
I prefer a few cheaper shorter holidays instead of one big expensive one :)
This yr we are having / had :

Jan - 4 nights in Center Parcs
June - 2 nights Butlins Shoreline hotel @ Bognor
July - 3 nights Disneyland Paris
Aug - 2 days Dublin & 3 nights North Wales
Oct - 4 nights Butlins, Minehead

Plus 4 weekends away to various theme parks through the year :)
So far next yr I've planned a week in France in Summer holidays,and thats it at the moment lol
Am I the only one who takes one holiday a year? :cry:
When I worked in travel , I used to take 2-3 holidays a year , sometimes up to 5 with work city breaks.

This yr is the first year since I left travel that I will be taking more than one holiday , we are off to Icmeler twice , Jul and October - sounds extravegant until you add up that DIY for 5 people works out at less than 1500 per holiday!

So the more you save , the more you can go.
halfanangel - no, your not alone, we only take one holiday a year. Last year we never had a holiday!!!!! :(

Only got one hol planned for this year, going in just over a weeks time to Rhodes :sun .

Next year we might book a Center Parcs as I doubt we can afford a two week holiday in the summer holidays! Theres six of us so it works out a bit expensive, plus we can only go in the school hols next year due to exams.
We also have one main holiday a year, 2 weeks at summer somewhere nice, normally caribbean (going in 15 days)

In addition, we also go on mini weekend breaks on a regular basis, normally in August, November, and February or March...

This year was an exception, as I turned 21 so I went on another 'main' holiday to tunisia in April/May.

It's not really a holiday, but in August, I do a 2 week residentail looking after disabled and sick children, that's sort of like a holiday to me as we have so much fun and we're with so many friends, even if our accomodation is in our uni's halls of residence :roll:
Unfortunately work gets in the way of taking holidays as I now only get 20 days plus statutory days. However I've found that I can take holidays in lieu of working overtime and working 1/2 an hour a day is gving me another week off in August. :D

Last year we surpassed ourselves and had 5 holidays. :hyper Went to Costa del Sol in January, Las Vegas in May, a cruise in August, Las Vegas again in November and Costa del Sol again in December.

This year we went to Costa del Sol again in January, just came back from Las Vegas, going to Benidorm in August and Las Vegas again in November. Hoping to go to Benidorm again in December.

No, we're not rich, it's just that going on holiday is our main priority and where every penny goes.

luci :wave
4 a year abroad, plus some city breaks in Europe throughout the year 8)
We have one two week main holiday - usually in November - and another week's holiday in May/June/July.

Add to that trips to my home country.

Mark :D
depends on how we feel and cash availability, at least 2 usually 3 sometimes 4 this year will be 3 of which 2 we have already had [a week in Cyprus and a week in Kos] planning end Sept no decision as to where yet.

we have a touring caravan which hasn't been used for a few years as the last time we went away for a week, [in July] the weather was fowl
and by the time i added all the cost [fuel/pitch fee/gas/ food/drink etc]
it was only £50 cheaper than going abroad half board for the two of us

wizard
hi

we usually have between 4-6 holidays abroad every year and uk weekend breaks, usually turkey more than anywhere else , so far this year we have booked less than normal as we have the house up for sale too
last year we went to turkey for xmas/new year, easter,poland for whit, turkey july, turkey oct, this year we have booked so far

jan 07 went to marrakech for 5 nights
may whit 07 slovenia for 6 nights
july 07 akyaka turkey for 3 weeks
oct 07 icmeler for 1 week

still thinking about going to turkey for xmas 07 too but havent decided yet all the above are booked
We always like a 2 week beach holiday in June - usually to Greece, and then we try and do a city break in the winter. OH only gets 20 days holiday which is the main limiting factor, and obviously the cost.

This year we have managed to fit in a long weekend in Venice, we have 2 weeks in Parga for honeymoon in June, and a week in the Maldives December. All booked. I'm beginning to plan New Zealand for March 08 and have already booked 10 nights in Zante for next June. Basically our June holiday is the main one, and then we fit in whatever else we can!
This year I've four holidays I hope. Two weeks in Tunisia in April/May, a week in Cote d'Azur in July, five days in Denmark in September (the last two staying with friends) and another two weeks back in Tunisia later in the year if I can organise it.
After many years of only having one holiday every 2-3 years, we are now lucky enough to have two per year, thanks to a bit of financial help from "Royal Bank Of Mum" :wink:
This year we are off to Ibiza in August for two weeks and we've already been to Fuerteventura at Easter for two weeks. I'd like to try and squeeze in a few nice days out to theme parks, Blackpool, etc but now the kids are older they don't much like having to get up early to get the coach (I can't drive)
4 last year ,4 this year
weekend in Feb just me and Mrs Imp ..Majorca ..Can Pastilla
week in May ..Malgrat
week in July ..Majorca ..Sa Coma
week in Oct ..Albir /Calpe ..only booked flights at min

sounds a lot ..well yes it is but i work god knows how many hours ,nightshifts as well during the year (so does Mrs Imp) so we deserve it

Might be more next year as Bro in law buying a place in Majorca this year sometime and he will need a hand decorating ..he doesnt know it yet though :wink:
Very jealous- some of you do squeeze in a lot!! Finances apart we are restricted to a certain extent by school holidays but more so by the fact that hubby only gets 20 days holiday (I think) Working in the NHS I get a lot more, but wouldn't want to go away without him!!

So far we have had a week in the Lake District (lovely, but rip off Britain at it's best)we have a fortnight booked in Bulgaria for August and then a weeks skiing again in Bulgaria for Feb half term. We usually try and get the odd weekend camping with friends and then a kiddy free weekend away towards the end of the year.

Pam :D
Last year we were very lucky and had 3 holidays...2 to Gran Canaria in March and November, plus a week scuba diving in Egypt in December. This year we will definitely be having 2 and hopefully 3 but it depends on money as we have just spent alot of money on building work to the house. We go to Malta tomorrow :pele , we are going to Egypt later this year and will fit in a visit to one of the Canary Islands July/August time if money allows us to. Next year, as Rob's parents are celebrating their Golden Wedding, there are plans for us all to go to the Maldives which will probably be our major holiday next year and one other week away somewhere...I love holidays and if we could afford it, we would go away every 3 months or so..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.