General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
THe last few years we have done three 2week holidays abroad and one or two coach trips in uk.
This year we went to Benidorm in January, Majorca in May and we are going back to Benidorm in November.
We had 5days in Scotland in March and we are going again for 8days this month.
I love my holidays and especially planning them.

Sue
That's good going Judith . Theres hope for me yet . What I need to do is book myself a very long round the world trip. :rofl
Up until last November we hadn't been abroad for 8 years but we're making up for it now. We went to Cuba in November to celebrate my mum and dad's 40th wedding anniversary, Turkey in June for a week then we're off to the Dominican Republic at Christmas for 2 weeks and I can't wait! :cheers
I'm thinking of adding to my list of hols /short breaks booked by booking a hotel break in the uk with my Tesco vouchers. Counted them up last night, and have almost £200 pounds worth! Looking at novatel in edinburugh for June for a couple of nights.
I've also just discovered that you can use vouchers for Barcello hotels abroad in spain and the canaries. :really - this has got me thinking. Could this be my second foreign holiday of the year??:cheers
I've also just discovered that you can use vouchers for Barcello hotels abroad in spain and the canaries

You can use your Tesco vouchers in a host of countries including, Spain, Canaries, Prague, Turkey etc. Problem is finding cheap flights for some of the places.
hi all

i love holidays!!! we are having 2 next yr to cyprus and greece, then usually have a couple of week end breaks in the uk. We save hard all year to be able to have our hols and love the countdown to them!!!

im already thinking of where to go for a "milestone" birthday in 2012!!!! :rofl
I've been going to Tunisia for a fortnight in Spring and Autumn for some years now and for the past few years have also been visiting friends in Denmark at least once and sometimes twice a year. I'm hoping to incorporate a week in Cairo into my Tunisian holiday next March and have already booked the Tunis part of the flights.
Wow, i'm really impressed with how many holidays you all get to go on. i am now researching my summer hol for next july August.

Got to have something to take my mind off this dreary weather, and the onset of dark nights :(

I envy those of you going away again soon. We've just got a weekend in october, and then a long wait till next spring!
I like to squeeze as many holidays as possible out of my leave allowance. Things have been disrupted a bit this year with our house move so we have only managed a week in Austria so far, but we are off to Malta to get married on Monday which means nearly 2 weeks off work. Last year we managed 6 trips away including a week in Gran Canaria over New Year, weekends in Lincoln and Wales, a week in Devon and Cornwall, 10 days in Poland and a week in Turkey. Next year we ae going to Costa Rica for our honeymoon but haven't booked anything else yet.

Hmm, having looked at last year's list I think I may be addicted to holidays! There's no such thing as too many as far as I'm concerned!
Congratulations Corinne.

I hope everything goes without a hitch next week and that you have a lovely honeymoon. :gluck
not holidays as such , but off to london next weekend and then wloverhampton in october for weekends, change of scenery if nothing else
Booked a weekend in Tenby in Pembrokeshire for our anniversary in November, yesterday, so there's an extra one for this year's list - Happy Days :tup
Tenby is lovely. Spent christmas there one year.
I agree about Tenby. we've spent about 5 New Year's there in succession.
:yikes
I too have as many holidays as i can afford and fit in it embassies me really just how many i do have this last yr
1 goa at xmas 2wks
2 Dom republic 3 wks one was courtesy of ash cloud thank you lol
3 16 days south of France
4 2wks in Greece
5 next wk/end Scotland for 3days
6 Oct not sure where yet
7 Goa again for Xmas

Shameful of me aint it spending the kids inheritance SKI lol
Pip
x
walks....don't feel embarrassed, my thoughts are you never know what may happen in life and if we don't take the opportunity to do the things we enjoy whilst we can, then more fool us. :tup

Four holidays booked this year, and have two of them still to look forward to ;) .....Caz
;)
Thanks for that Caz and yes you are right but there so many people that are not so lucky :(
Pip
x
We spent New Year in Scotland, April was Majorca for a week and 4 days (4 days because of the ash cloud), 3 weeks in Canada in June/July and just had 10 days in St Ives in Cornwall. We also have a few weekends away in our touring caravan (Keswick and York). Hoping to go away in the 'van again but nothing booked at the moment. Will probably go to Scotland again for New Year. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.