Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I am booked 21 December 14 nights Riverside Regency :D
I to finally booked

21st Dec 21 nights Marinha Dourada with thomson.

I have been reading that changes are happening at the MD like pay per view TV. I hear that certain rooms will be charged as "premium" rooms and that quite a bit of tax is added to all bills? I guess I will find out. Not bothered about TV but will be interesting to see which rooms, if any, will be charged extra.
We have booked for November, got a cheap deal with Thomas Cook, just over 1k for the two of us for 2 weeks, staying at Lui Beach, where we love.
We have booked for the Hotel Mira, 7th December for three weeks, £800.
Got flight's booked 28th Dec for 4 week's but still sorting accomodation out.
Not booked a flight yet, still hoping the price will drop a bit if the pound gets stronger but intend to go back mid October

Hope to see you all at the meets
Hi Meagain

Is it likely that the flight price would be affected by the exchange rate, is it because it is an Indian Airline? We keep dithering and now I just want to get it booked but would hate to miss out on a bargain.

Hope you are both well and will definitely be there in Febrary.
Hi Javelin :wave:

We are both a lot better today as the sun is shining, almost feel human again :sun2

I think the strength of the pound must have some bearing on the cost of the tickets because fuel is paid for in dollars also the dollar seems to be the bench mark currency for India as the rupee is not internationally traded. The price I am getting at the moment with Jet is £530 PP return and I will dive in if the price drops by a £100 but when you see how much tax and airport charges there is on a ticket the flights are a bargain as it is.

Look forward to seeing you in February :cheers
Thanks for your thoughts on that Meagain, we are looking at Kingfisher as we found them such a good airline last year and we like the seat configuration - expensive tastes that us :D
:cheers hi we booked as soon as flights were available.30/11 to 05/01 heathrow to mumbai £340 each and £17 to diabolical airport , really pleased.we booked with air india but i know friends have been looking and they are a lot dearer now
We have booked,paid and got our tickets with Qatar Air leaving 27th October -13th march :tup Heathrow-Doha-Goa £558 return 30 kgs ,but i think prices will be going up now when the new tax comes into force there are a lot cheaper flights with Qatar but connections not good.
We have booked with Olympic for 3 weeks from 10 December staying at Senhor Angelo for £860 each.
Keith, we are booked up for next March but only because my OH booked it for my birthday :D We are going back to the Marinha Dourada booked up thru Thomsons. The flight only at the moment are very expensive, thats why we reverted back to the package tour.
I thought I would really miss the MD, and everything about it, but we were totally fine. We visited a few times and popped into see the jewellers at Xmas time. We told Edwin we would return, but only if the price was right ;)
We stayed at the same complex at Paula and Roy (apartment and villa owned by the same person believe it or not) but I would do DIY again no problem.
Iain we will be there for one week the same as you, looking forward to meeting you again.
It's great to be able to say that we have now booked! A recommendation on another forum for a company called travelup gave us prices we are more than happy with. Over £50 per person cheaper than we could find with any other booking agent - that sort of money goes a long way in Goa :)
Arriving 5 February - staying in Candolim so not far to stagger back from the meets :cheers
staying in Candolim so not far to stagger back from the meets :cheers

Or stagger there I suppose :rofl :tup :cheers
What do you mean meagain? We arrive perfectly sober (I think), it's them coffees which turn the stroll into a stagger :rofl
Hi booked for 9th December till 11th January with Qatar, booked when they had a special offer in january, prices were still a lot more than what we paid last year, staying in an appartment in Betalbatim. :cheers Gel
:tup booked with 9flights.com.Travel with Qatar 11th march - 1st April.Was trying to wait in case they reduced the prices but got cold feet & decided to just get it sorted.Really not bothered now :shrug :lol: ,just wait for my hols & really enjoy it :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.