General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I have spent just under a £1000 on me and my partner, he is out of work at the mo, so helping him out, Im getting some new calf length gladiator sandals from kurt guiger in trafford centre on saturday reduced to £59, thats my last treat, wearing them to travel in, wanna look trendy at the airport you know!!! I fly out next sunday outfit at the ready, just sooo much stuff I wanna take that I have bought... :cheers :D
Oh dont get me on this subject, I love the shopping, have just bought myself 2 new bikini's for next holiday, already bought 6 before my last hol in May. Every time I see something I have to get it (well it wont be around in time for the next holiday) :rofl will it!!!! I am a shopaholic for holiday wear, put it all in the spare room ready for the off. :sun2

Angie.
I agree Mike. Sometimes the new clothes for teenage girls cost as much as the holiday. :yikes
I used to spend a fortune on holiday clothes. Looking back I feel sorry for my parents with the amount they spent on me. Luckily the last 2 years i've had enough in the wardrobe, apart from the little knick knacks so haven't needed to spend much :) .
I think I am letting the side down. I don't actually enjoy shopping at all, I go to the town when I have to, i.e. if I cannot buy on the net, I detest trawling through shops and getting in queues first to try on then another to buy and so the list goes on.

I do buy new things for hols of course, but my budget certainly is not £1000 :cry if only, I buy what I need and maybe a couple of treats thrown in.
o ditto big style Miss pink, i end up at charity shops for stuff, and infact got some lovely summer dresses, all mNS and light skirts but so far i have taken the same stuf fro the past 5 years!! thats the only time its comes out the attic!! its never warm enough to wear tem here
I really love going shopping for holiday clothes its one of the things leading up to your hols but £1000 on clothes is a big no for me i'm not fussy on designer wear on certain things but my oldest is a bit fussy , my other half is the cheapest to buy for lol, he never needs much but even though I only wear my holiday clothes on holiday I always have to buy new ones aswell as taking some of the old ones
I usually "do a big Primark" for holiday clothes - I'll spend about £100-£150 each on me and daughter in Primark, and then about another £100 on nice bits and bobs from what daughter calls "proper shops" (River Island, Top Shop etc). Won't spend any more than that on holiday clothes though - they all end up with suncream stains, or they're the kind of stuff we wouldn't get much more wear out of at home (especially in this current weather...) and most of it is fashion stuff which we get fed up of after a couple of months anyway. Some of the Primark t-shirts end up as pyjama tops back at home, so at least they still get worn.
Daughter was actually quite good this time - because her friend came away with us they went shopping together to make sure they liked each other's outfits and she wore some of the stuff once or twice before we went, and she's worn them a few times again since.
I was really good - because we were going at Easter I picked up a nice collection of "going out" tops in the January sales, all really dressy evening stuff from their xmas party lines. I wore them in the evenings and felt like I'd "made an effort" compard to some of the people we saw :-o
Another problem with buying loads of new clothes - what if you can't take them all because of luggage weight restrictions? :shock:
£1000. on clothes NO WAY could have another holiday for less than that , and use the clothes already bought . i know its nice to have the choice of " what am i going to wear today/night " , but for me a few pairs of trousers and tops to mix and match the same with skirts , and i'm done . Gone are the days with taking the shoes and handbags to match with every outfit .
like most people on here i have spent a fortune theres four of us,my son who is 10 in sept has gave such a big jump i have had to buy everything new for him, as for me i've lost over a stone so no choice but to buy all new :D my daughter has had lots more bought and when you add up shoes bags accessories its cost a small fortune,but i have to admit i love it :D
I love holiday shopping but have no idea how much I spend as I don't do it all in one go. Sis Helen T and me will start buying weeks in advance and we're often heard telling each other - ooh that would be nice for our hol or even that would be nice for the plane. The amount of outfits we've nearly bought for the plane :duh

We go on a Saturday to town or retail park and once our school hols begin (work in school) we'll also go in the week. We end up buying far too much and have to decide what we're going to leave behind. A holiday isn't a holiday without new clothes. We're both lucky as our OHs are happy to bring out the same holiday clothes they've had for the past 5 or 6 years :yikes so there's more money for us :really We do buy them the odd shirt or swim shorts :D
like most people on here i have spent a fortune

Not me

I'll spend about £100-£150 each on me and daughter

that's more like my limit

Oh how the other half live :rofl
believe me miss pink i cant really afford to spend so much,but at the moment hubby is working away and earning a bit more than usual so i'm making the most of it,cant tell him though he would go mad,
not seen him for 7 weeks :( he wont be home till next friday and we travel next saturday so i've had to do all his buying and packing aswell,not that i'd let him pack anyway his idea of packing is filling a carrier bag.

carol
Love the clothes shopping bit - its all part of the build up for me - but not a £1000 worth. I've got loads of stuff especially tops that never see the light of day in this country - as its not warm enough. With only 15kg though I have cut back this year, although I've just found a top I'd forgotten I'd bought. I also tend to think when I'd wear the item ie on the plane, at Gatwick the night before or on the way back, or in the resort etc. Hubby hates shopping so I just pack whatever he's got plus a couple of odds and ends that I've bought for him new. He never knows what he's got till he's in the resort!!! :que
put it like this, when we go to the checkout the person behind the desk always asks us if thats it?? only one case and one small one
we says yes?? we have ample clotheing in it, 7 outifits each and swap them about for the second week
i can believe how many cases some take!!
weve never used our 15 kg each limit infact it prob came to 35 for us 4!!
I'm a tightwad because I use the clothes that I already have, and layer as appropriate. OK for Iceland I bought a couple of fleeces in advance for regular winter use (in the sales) and a specific waterproof jacket, but I prefer to spend my money on my holiday and then there's less problem of what to put in the packing!!
just under a £1000 on me and my partner
:yikes

I would never be able to afford a holiday after spending that much.
I love having a look around the shops for my holiday wear but no way would I spend a fortune, Primark for me or find something thats reduced a lot in price.

My friend and I have a mooch in the charity shops and for a couple of pounds can find a pair of jeans that probably cost £40 in the shops. The only thing I will pay full price for is a pair of comfy shoes. :wink:
We go on hol Jan. So ive been getting most of our stuff just now, as no chance getting it here in winter. I have got my daughters stuff out George. And some of the items are beautiful. Got leggins ect £2 cant complain at that.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.