General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Prehap's we have been lucky whenever we have requested a sea or pool view thats what we got, and never paid a premium yet
wizard
Where are you staying?
hotels in cyprus, bulgaria, cost del sol, algarve,and crete from med hotels,my travel and thomas cook all booked with the same travel agent.
off to cyprus again next month but used a diffrent contact at the agency wait and see if i get a room on the side of the hotel i have requested.

wizard
The hotel i go to in cyprus charges £5.50 per person per night to have a sea view room. We normally just have a room without the sea view because with the supplements added on it makes it an expensive holiday.
Hi Carol, its costing us £1 per adult per night for a sea view at first choice's new AI hotel in Kos.
Thats an awful lot of money they have quoted you :shock: .
I would just email the hotel asking for 1. We did not pay for a sea view there, but just e mailed and asked for it.
Plus, as a customer going back you can email and request your room number i think
Thanks Karen will try doing that.

Carol
Hi there

I will probably get my wrists slapped for this as I am going to have a dig at tour operators!!!

A couple of years ago went to Sa Coma (Mallorca) and were fortunate enough to have a lovely sea view room at no extra cost but this is not usually the case.

The only people who make money out of charging for either sea view, pool view etc are the tour operators. The hotel that you are staying at will get exactly the same amount of money for the room regardless.

I was told this by the manager at our hotel. He said that the British tour operators drove the hardest bargins but did not necessarily pass on the savings to the customers. He also said that other European customers, German, Dutch, Scandanavian never have to pay suppliments for extras
such as sea views.

If you book your holiday direct with the hotel and want a sea view, if they have one available you will be given it at no extra cost!

A plus point for booking direct I think.
:tup
Bizzylady

I understand what you are saying but the problem we have is that this Hotel is owned by the Tour Operator. It is one of First Choice's Holiday Villages. But as Karen said I will just chance my arm and e-mail the Hotel and see what happens.
Just thaught it was an enormous amount to pay. I am not that bothered without a sea view. I was lucky enough to grow up with one.

Carol
One way to put a stop to this surcharge would be if everyone just did not bother. Not much use if they have a load of empty roome because no one will pay extra. I do think that sometimes we create our own problems.

fwh
:D Hi C&S, - 1,000 euro is absolutely scandelous, you could probably book another damn week for that! We payed £40 per apartment for two weeks, for a sea view, (Although you really had to strain you eyes to see it!!!), but we were not that bothered as we had a pool view. (We were not really bothered as long as we got a sea or pool view).

On a few occassions, I have emailed the hotel and asked for a pool/sea view, and nine times out of ten, we have got it. If I were you I'd take a chance and not pay the daft amount of 1,000 euro, and email them to ask if it would be possible for a sea view, or ask them how much it would be, and I'd bet my last quid it wouldn't be a tenth of what the greedy TO are asking. Good Luck. BBB.
I've paid anything between £5 and £70 per night extra for a sea view before.....BUT, at the more expensive end it was a completely different room to the normal non seaview types.....more luxurious room, double shower, step directly onto the beach, private concierge etc. Reason I say this is are you sure the 1000 extra is JUST for the seaview and not also for an overall better size, standard, level of luxury etc?

If not, then 1000 is definately a rip off! Tell them to shove it walk onto the beach whenever you want to look at the sea! :wink:
We went to Sardinia in June to celebrate our 10th Wedding anniversry. I booked direct with the hotel and paid an extra 12 euro a night for a full sea view room which was lovely. 1000 euro is just downright robbery.
Our hotel in menorca charged 56euros for 2 weeks for a sea view.1000euros is an awful lot.I cant believe anyone would pay that.

Nicole
Some hotels have a policy for returning guests of upgrading to sea-views at no extra cost.
A little tip for you if you ever revisit the same hotel it's always worth while sending an email to the hotel direct.
Explain you are a returning visitor and ask if the hotel have a complimentary upgrade of accomodation for returning visitors policy.
In many cases you will be upgraded at no extra charge.
Thought you should all know this.

Cheers Ken. :)
Hi all thanks for all the replies.
In case anyone thought I had done so I didnt upgrade to a seaview.
I will e-mail the hotel direct (as I am a repeat customer) and just see how it goes.

Carol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.