Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Drink varies enormously in price.

I am not sure about Capo Bay, but typically i would expect a pint to be somewhere between CY£1.50 and CYP£2.50 on the very expensive side. Lets say CY£2 average?

Most people are going to struggle with more than 4 or 5 so...lets call it 5.

So...

20 people x 5 drinks x CY£2 = CY£200 = approx £250 sterling

Not called Pubdog for nothing :lol:

Hope this helps
Ady
Ady, struggle with 5 pints. Thats my first hour in Bells bar lol. It would cost a damn site more than that. Approx prices in Prot are about cy£1.70
Ian,
I said most people... :roll:

Fantazmic,
If you invite Cardiff Lad and his mates to your wedding, you can probably double my estimate or even more :lol:
5 drinks , thats breakfast :wink: , ill go with cardiff lad on that one ,
average of 5 drinks each not worth getting dressed up for :D
LOL but thats average.
For example, I know that my wife would only have 2 or 3.
On averages, that leaves 7 or 8 for me :wink:
...and wine is a lot cheaper than Keo.

I still reckon about £250 sterling though :D

Go on though. What are other peoples estimates, in cost, for 20 people for a (celebratory - it does make a difference) night in Cyprus ?

Remember, i guess, that it will be mostly couples and not all "hard drinking blokes".

Ady
Hi,

Ady, sounds like a sober man speaking lololol! :D Depends on the guests as people tend to drink more, and not worry about the price at a free bar! (not talking for myself :D Where did you say iot was????) I guess at CY350! either way it's not so much eh?
My problem here is I don't have any family or friends who know what an 'average' drinker is :glynis Hic, Hic!!

Therein lies the biggest problem with this post, I know I would have to take out a second mortgage to keep my lot provided for with a free bar :D

Suggest you forget it and put that money toward a second holiday in Cyprus for yourselves.

Cheers,
Jinty
thanks for feedback, could go either way. some serious drinkers amongst us so was thinking now i might put money behind the bar instead, about 1200 euros or 850 sterling works out at about 50 euros/35 sterling per person.we'll see how long it'll last!! :lol: :lol:
Fantazmic,
You will find it a lot more expensive at the Capo Bay for drinks,we didn't go last year but the year before we were paying nearly 3.00Cyp for a pint of Keo and I know it has gone up a lot more.
We always got to the Capo Bay but this year it is coming in really expensive,so it looks like we will be trying somewhere different,we will have been married 10 years (got married in Cyprus) so wouls have loved to go back but not at these prices.....even the flight have gone through the roof.......
Hi fantazmic,

We are in the same position, I have had the hotel e mail me a drinks list but this just for wine and champagne, I can send on to you if it is of any use.

When is your wedding?

Ours is 1st June, I think we are going to ask for a couple of bottles of red and white for each table (20 bottles at around £12 CYP per bottle, 4 bottles of bubbly @ £17CYP, anyone know what the local sparkly Duc De Nicosie is like??and see if they will put ice buckets with bottles (do they do the local brew in bottles?) on the tables as well, we are budgeting about £800 GBP for drinks for 35 people, there are a 5 kids who will be on coke.
around £12 CYP per bottle

:shock: :shock: :shock:
£800.00 for 35 people aint really too bad. Works out around £23.00 per person...........

I know when hubby and I go to a 'fancy' wedding here we easy put £50.00 in the kittty. Nine times out of ten, thats not enough tho :)

But then we are Scottish............ :lol:

Cheers,
Jinty
Most people are going to struggle with more than 4 or 5 so...lets call it 5

I have to agree with the others.. thats just lubrication so you can start drinking... Lol
We fly out a week on sunday and our wedding is 2 weeks today.

I will post back on how long we managed to keep the drink flowing before the money runs out. :shock:

Hope the weather is improving out there. :wink:
free bar wheres my invite :lol:
I'm sure I will be too drunk to notice any extra people at our reception so come along....... :oops:

On a slightly different topic does anyone know anything about Cypriot wine????

Trying to choose a white and red to offer our guests. Suggestions so far are Thisbe for the white and Ayios Onoufrios for the red but I would welcome any comments. And yes I know the prices are steep but the that's hotels for you and they won't let us bring our own and pay corkage.....

White wines

Arsinoe - Dry Bottle 75 cl : £7,95
Aphrodite - Dry Bottle 75 cl : £7,95
St. Panteleimon-Medium Sweet Bottle 75 cl: 7,95
Alkion - Dry Bottle 75 cl: £9,95
Thisbe - Medium Dry Bottle 75 cl: £9,95
Aes Ambelis - Dry Bottle 75 cl: £9,95
Tihikos - Dry Bottle 75 cl: £11,00
Petritis - Dry Bottle 75 cl: £11,50

Red wines

Afames - Dry Bottle 75 cl: £7,95
Othello - Dry Bottle 75 cl: £7,95
Anthea - Medium Dry Bottle 75 cl: £7,95
Olympus - Sweet Bottle 75 cl: £7,95
Cellar 62 - Dry Bottle 75 cl: £9,50
Ayios Onoufrios - Dry Bottle 75 cl: £10,50
Andesitis - Dry Bottle 75 cl: £12,00
Othello Vintage - Dry Bottle 75 cl: £12,00

Thanks
Anne-Marie
i have had both the following

St. Panteleimon-Medium Sweet Bottle 75 cl: 7,95 [not an aspeo krassy man myself]

Ayios Onoufrios - Dry Bottle 75 cl: £10,50

found them both acceptable

wizard
I don't drink wine in Cyprus personally but my dad does like the Anthea if that helps.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.