Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I hope you have a wonderful time. This is what I would do but others will have other ideas.
Change £50 into Turkish Lira between you before you go, just to start you off.
Take £200 each in sterling which you can change over there, the rate will be higher than in UK.
Inform your bank that you are going and take your debit card, there are many ATM's there. Once you are low on cash you can then withdraw what you need from ATM's. Find out before you go what the bank charges for withdrawls. Make sure you both have one and then if there are any problems with it you have a fall back.
Do not take travellers cheques as the charges can be high.
As for how much will you need well that is tricky and depends on how much partying you are intending to do!
Beer is 3- 5 lira. Soft drinks around 3 lira. Sprits between 7 - 10 lira. Cocktails 12 to 15 lira. If you go into a night club the drinks may be more. You need to drink a lot of water and it will still be hot then and you must buy bottled. We always take a cycling bottle with us and get the 5 litre bottles from a super market and decant it. They are around 3 lira. I wouldn't tie myself down to eating in a B&B. There are so many restaurants and cafes to chose from. Don't be afraid to try out back street places. The nearer you get to the sea or marina the more expensive the restaurant will be. So a pide (Turkish pizza and very nice) with a salad in a cafe will be around 5 lira. Kofte (meatballs) with salad and chips will be around 9 or 10 lira in most restaurants. Meat casseroles are going to be 15-20 lira. Don't allow the waiters to hassle you to go into a restaurant, you go where you want to!
For lunch you can pick up bread and salad and cheese and fruit from the super market and have a picnic or pop into a cafe for something. There are all inclusive boat trips that are good value. I usually pay around 40 lira to include lunch but I know there are cheaper ones in Marmaris.
Quite honestly I could manage on £20 a day there and have a good time - but I am not a big drinker and don't eat a lot. I am also happy to go into a back street lokanta where the Turks eat. The atmosphere in those places is often a lot of fun.
I hope this gives you some idea. It would be a good idea to set a budget and then have some extra in your bank account to cover unexpected expenses.
which hotel please.... Gavin. ps im from the stoke area also.
jojo3972, despite being asked not to you have continued to post in phone style text therefore your post has been deleted as per our Rules of Posting. Please feel free to re-post without the use of abbreviations.

Rules Of Posting:

2) Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted.

luci :wave
Hi thanks everyone for your help sorry for the late reply. Hi Gav fellow stokey! x
hi stokechick123.
which hotel. are you staying at,we have just come back from the club anistasia.
we had a great time. but things are not as cheap as the used to be... Gavin.

ps where in stoke.....we are in the longton area.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.