Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
if this is true with the price increases in resorts it could spell the end of self catering in turkey people will drift back to spain and the shorter flights.
ıts not that bad look at the euro that fluctuates
the rate ıs 2.35 today
Just looked at my exchange site and it is 248,110 ytl to one pound sterling ,just about what i got in belek in june ,cannot see it going down as far as you say .
I just checked travelex and their exchange rate is 2.2565 to the £. Just checked moneyextra and their rates is 2.2486 to the £. The best I have seen is 2.30 to the £. But those rates will probably dry up.

I was trying to find advance buying price for the turkish lira.

The six month buying rate for the euro is 1.45 to the £. The longer the buying time the better the rate. Minimum cash orders of £1000.

https://www.interchangefx.co.uk/pages/100000003/Special%20forward%20rates%20offer/Special%20forward%20rates%20offer

If anybody see's a better rate post the link.
here is the OFFICIAL rate for turkish exchange http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/yeni/eng/index.html just click today on the left hand side..... this is what you should get from the ATMs. any thing else is the change bureaus ripping you off..... well done Nationwide and anyone else who doesn't charge abroad!
CB,

I agree with what you say about Nationwide. I used the ATM machines in Icmeler end of Sept / Oct and although the rate (even in the banks) was showing varying from 2.30 - 2.38, but when I got my statement through yesterday, I was actually given 2.42 first withdrawal, to 4th and last withdrawal at 2.40.

Well done Nationwide.

TC
We always use our nationwide debit cards to get out holiday money, and the rate is alway better than anybody else.

Remember the rate I have quoted was only thursday and friday last week, but it will be interesting to see what happens on monday. Something that has surprised of the decline in the £'s value to the lira is turkish inflation rate still seems to high. The £ to lira has support level at 2.20 liras to the £, but if it breaks that level the next support level will be 2.0 liras to the £. It depends if the traders decide to cover their shorts which would see the value £ to the lira bounce between 2.40 lira to 2.50 lira to the £.

Just explain supports levels, its a term used by people who trades commodities ie ftse, stocks, currencies, gold and platinum, but anything can be traded. Looking the charts thats what I see and I have active in the markets for a number of years.
the main reason for the levels are high interest rates. Currently 18%. This investment is quite volatile and has to be handled carefully by the turkish treasury. If they drop the rate too much the money goes to other markets and the ytl free falls. The government here want the interest rate down and wait for a favourable rate before dropping the rate.
A lot of turks have bought dollars as a long term investment. not long ado it was 1.55 ytl to the dollar, now it's 1.20....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.