Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
It's all down to personal choices and what value people place on different things, some prefer to have one holiday and go where they really want in a superb hotel with all the trimming, whereas others place more value on having more holidays and are prepared to stay in less lavish hotels/apartments. Same sort of thing here really, some will pay for Cyprus, some won't, and it simply boils down to how much value each person places on it compared to other alternatives.

I don't particulary like AI as I get bored, so I am quite happy to pay for Cyprus in June, I did however, set myself a limit for how much i could spend on the holiday and shopped around for a good deal as I know I will need a lot of spending money.

I am also going to Ibiza in August and that is very expensive because of school hols but i got a good deal on an AI for only £120 more each than the SC i was looking at, I will eat brekky and lunch there and have free drinks during the day but I won't be sitting around the hotel all night. As far as I'm concerned I'm going for B&B but I've paid £10 a day each for AI and I'll be off out in the evenings. So, although i don't like AI, I will do it if it works out a better option... just not in the carribean for me though !!!

ps. just to explain.. i don't have a problem with the Caribbean per se, just that me and the g/f still like going round the bars, trying different restaurants and the odd club etc so places like Ayia Napa, Ibiza and the greek islands suit us at the moment
:cheers
We like Cyprus for similar reasons, things to explore, people to meet, nice bars, great restaurants, and we really don't go to visit a hotel ! As long as its clean and has the bits and pieces we need (oven,fridge etc if self catering) we don't need rose petals thrown in our path as we walk or solid gold light switches as its a hotel... its a place to put the cases and fall asleep at night.... !
Like the saying goes,

"Pack the plastic its fantastic" :tup Hmmm my flexible friend.
AskCy, I know what you mean, for the amount we pay to stay @ The Capo Bay, Hotel Protaras
we could go to the Caribbean all inclusive and still spend less, but I really couldn't imagine going anywhere else.
Its a lovely hotel but we still like to eat out every night, would hate not being able to walk down the high street and chose where I would like to eat/drink.
I suppose when youve been to such a lovely hotel its difficult to lowere your standards, yes we could probably go on 3 cheaper holidays..........
We don't do "posh" either. A room for us is somewhere to shower & sleep and that's all. Personally it doesn't matter how much I have enjoyed in a certain hotel, I wouldn't necessarily want to go back there. There are so many beautiful resorts & countries in the world, and so little time to enjoy them. We have the same attachment to Greece that many of you have to Cyprus, but we go to different Islands and resorts each time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.