Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
That's brilliant, thanks very much for the help! Did you enjoy your stay in cyprus and did you go on any trips etc?
lol, see I knew when taking pics of receipts and menu's it was a good thing !.... :cheers

I suppose I should point out that in April there were only a few places open in Pernera so choice was limited. We had booked for a long weekend over the bank holiday so we didn't really want to do any messing/cooking/shopping etc so it was all eat out, drink out etc.... So we having had a really good short break with lots of great food, plenty of drink, some long walks etc (but no trips, car hire, public transport etc) managed to spend €500

Steve
katherine88 wrote:
Did you enjoy your stay in cyprus
Sadly, not my pictures. We've not been since September 2007 for various reasons. Probably be 2011 before we get to go back again.

Whoops. Hope you don't mind me posting the link, Steve.

Mark
Think by the looks of all the food i'm going to be piling on the weight haha, but suppose it will come in handy with all the ouzo etc there is too drink. 11 weeks to go until hols, just trying to get somewhat organized lol. Thanks for all your help and if you find anymore prices or anything please tell me and hopefully i'll come to a conclusion with how much money to bring. :) Cheers!
Just thinking after looking at pics :really ,that in 2005 we spent £1700,14nights,2 adults 2 kids 10,13.

What would i spend if i went this year! :cry
Poley - we spent £1,300 for a fortnight for 2 adults in 2005. The only holiday where we actually run out of ready cash and had to resort to the cashpoint. A beautiful place, but too expensive for me.
2005's £1700 equivalent would be about £3000 allowing for both the Euro exchange rate and inflation. :cry :cry
Mark
Tell me about it, Poley!

Couldn't go in 08 for health reasons and because I had 3 months off work in 08 we can't go this year either, for financial reasons - the Euro's not helping, either!!!

Mark
Well the problem is it is cheaper to go all inclusive to the carribean.

Last Year Aruba

The year before Cuba.

Its a sad fact but true,But even though these places are wonderfull to vist,my heart is always with Cyprus.
Personally, I'm more than happy to pay a bit more and go to Cyprus, I went last year for the 1st time and loved it.

I know I could go All Inc somewhere in the Caribbean for a lot less money after factoring in all costs, but I did 2 All incs (Dom Rep and Morocco) in 2007 to try and cut costs a bit and to put it simply, they just aren't for me!! I can't eat in the same place, drink in the same place and see the same faces day after day...
I know this is a subject that has been covered many times before and it doesn't need doing again :tongue but there's lots of talk about people choosing all incs or going to non € countries and I just feel that there's a danger that people are choosing holidays based on cost rather than where they'll enjoy. After all, a holiday is a luxury treat and you don't want to 'waste' one
Spot on,

The missus loves the all inc in the Caribbean,But i get fed up sitting in the same place, drinking with the same people,eating in the same places.

To get out and about, eating in different places, sitting in numerous bars :cheers ,going for walks feeling safe,no clouds no thunderstorms,Cyprus is for me,hopefully the euro will rise ready for next year. :)
We are exactly the same - not really interested in going anywhere but Cyprus! Even though we know it will be very expensive compared to other places we are still having 2 weeks in June and October - nowhere else will do! :)
I loved our one & only holiday in Cyprus, but as I said in an earlier post, we found it very expensive. Couple this with the fact that we have to go in the school summer holidays and the cost just rockets. We have found that we can go AI to the Carribbean, and have the occasional meal and drinks out, so that we don't get bored, cheaper than many half boards in Cyprus. This frees us a little money to have a week at Easter.
The only problem with some Caribbean destinations is that apart from the hotel which you are in ,there is not alot around you, so you can be very restricted.

Having said that, Aruba,was of the complete opposite.

But having said all this i,m sure there are alot of people who can probably budget quite well if they really want to go to Cyprus. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.