Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
we usually take about £600 between two of us, and we don't scrimp with what we buy or eat etc. and we sometimes take some money home.
BOB :hyper :pele
Find it a bit hard telling people how much money they need it is a cheap country,you can spend a little as you want or as much as you want,if you are beaching it most days a £1000 will do all 4 of you,bring a bit of back up with you in case.
A grand should be plenty.
Take cash cards (nationwide best) then you can always get more out. There are plenty of ATM's and you get your own armed guard, what service.
Usually take about £250 cash and usually bring some back. Nationwide account great as back up as no interest charged andyou get bank rate not tourist exchange rate. You can spend as much or as little as you want. Credit cards accepted for bigger purchases such as tailoring and jewellery.
Have fun!! :D
Hi there,

first of all, hope you all have a good time. Im 99.9% certain you will :)
When i went this year we took around 600pounds, and came home with a couple of hundred.

The year before, my other half had a bad accident at work so couldnt come, so i went with my young brother who is 13, and my little lad who was 3 at the time, and we spent around 400pounds for 2 weeks.
Ate and drank when we wanted, basically we got anything we wanted.

Id say as it is your first time and you want to experience some of the good trips, take around 800pounds, but im sure you will come back with a couple of hundred even if you have been on many trips.
Ian and I usually take £700 between us and our credit cards for big purchases.

I come back with anything from £80 to £120 and Ian usually has anything from £60 to £100 left.

I can honestly say that the only time I worried about running out of money was the time I ordered a pair of glasses from an opticians and did not know until it came to pay that they did not take credit cards. That was in 2000 and I have never made that stupid mistake again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.