Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
good question,we were talking about this today and wondering if we have enough with £1000 for 3 weeks,,
we took £500 last year for 2 weeks but didnt do any trips as such,(like jungel experiance or rice boat),

depend on what you can afford also, just a tip take sterling travelers cheques as you dont loos out if you dont spend it all when you exchange back..

adele
if you budget £50 a day for two people then you can still come home with money. ( have some more as an emergency fund- for instance we had to buy a lot of things as BA lost our luggage)
Hi,
In march i took £400 pound thinking i would need this amount as i would be going out every night and doing trips,but i only ended up spending £200 which works out at about £15 a day. It really depends on where you go and what trips you want to do, but its always safer to take more incase you need it.
If you open a Nationwide Flexi account they give you an apporved overdraft (I have a £1000) if you use it it only cost pennies in interest. They do not charge you to withdraw your money and also give a really good exchange rate, this way if you dont put enough in your account you have something to fall back on. It only took about a week to come through.
I took £300 for a week, out of this I paid for my guest house accommodation (about £70) and returned home with £60. :) My biggest expense was for taxi's, as I was travelling alone I didn't want to take any silly chances -particularly at night. I don't have a big appetite (due to the heat) so one meal a day was pretty much enough for me and I did have my fair share of honeybees. :tongue Didn't do any trips as done most of them before. Exchange rate was very variable and predictably a lot lower than last year - also got less for travellers cheques compared to cash. Fizzy
hi
take about £500 for two weeks,should be enough,i would take sterling then you can shop around and get better rates,and change it as you need to the rate varies from day to day
Flex account is definitely the way to go.Loads of cash machines around.We have both got one and keep them seperated in case of one going missing.Always end up coming home and being surprised when I go online at how much is left in the accounts.Stupid enough to leave some cash lying around last year and it went missing.Just did not have time to get to the bank before we left.Live and learn.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.