Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have been to Turkey many times and have never had injections

Norman and Diane
Me neither, but I know there are some people who get them "just to be on the safe side"

I think the majority of people who are going to resort areas don't bother nowadays. Actually I'm sure there's a thread on here about this somewhere I'll try and find it!

C xxx
Hello!
Thanks for your replies...any idea how much spending money I'd need?
You're welcome Briar, not trying to steal your job hun honest! :shock: :lol:
Thankyou! That's helped alot!

Nicky
Hi Nicky hope you have a great time in May. I have the jabs just to be on the safe side but they are not compulsary. With regards to money it depends on where you are staying, if meals are included etc. Food out can be very reasonable last year I had a really nice lunch in the marina area for about £5. Where I stay it's aimed at the Turkish market so prices are probably less than Marmaris but I wouldn't expect to pay more than uk prices in bars. The Dolmus (bus) are very cheap. Taxis aren't bad but try to fix prices before you set off. I never take travellers cheques or much YTL, I take sterling and change it there. ATM's are widely available.
Thankyou for your help! I should be ok with the moeny I'm planning to take!
generally eating out is still relatively cheap but be prepared to pay a fair bit for wine and spirits as these as heavily taxed(especially imported names) If I remember rightly a bottle of wine (ok stuff but just basic doluca type) was around £6-8 pounds in a restaurant and spirits and a mixer around the £2.50 mark Obviously cheaper at duty free or the supermarkets but if you have not been for a while you will definately notice an increase. For the life of me I can't remember how much the Efes was, perhaps something to do with the copious amounts that I drank!
Thanks Fiona! That's really helpfull..I remember drinking quite alot of Efes when I was there! We'll probably buy a few bottles between us all and drink them on the balcony as there's a few of us going so thats good advice about the supermarket! We had been paying a similar amount for spirits in Benidorm..well sometimes there was happy hours...but then you always get more like a triple overseas for the same amount as a single in some pubs in Nottingham!
It might be woth your while buying some duty free spirits on the way out as the offer such as 2 bottles for £15 or £20 that we saw in Newcastle and Glasgow airports were a better buy than in the supermarket in Turkey and its amazing how quickly you can get through a litre bottle if there are a few of you! Also I notice in some places they were using optic measures which I hadn't seen before
Oh yeah we did see those when we went from East Mids! That's definitely a good idea!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.