Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
andy taz,

It really depends when you are going and at what time you are landing. School hols and early or late in the day is going to be different to off peak or at a busy time of day.

Darren
Hi Darren,
thanks for your reply I am travelling on Friday 28th March landing at 17.05
cheers Andy
Hi Andy

In all probability the airport will be relatively quiet, the tourist industry has been devastated and recent incidents haven't helped and indeed several countries are now no longer recommending travel to any part of Egypt and this has further reduced tourist numbers.

We were in Sharm at the end of January before the latest incidents and the plane on both out and return journeys was only about 2/3 full, plenty of empty seats.

If it was me I would just buy my visa on arrival on this occasion.
Thanks kiltman will do that. Hope you enjoyed your holiday in Sharm :tup
Andy, can't tell from your post if you have been to Hurghada airport before, but if you haven't there are three or four bank kiosks immediately on the left as you go into arrivals, they are behind a rope.

It's best to go there rather than to the reps desk, as the reps desk seems to charge a small commission. Also there seems to be bigger queues at the reps desks than there are at the bank kiosks, so it will probably be cheaper and quicker.

As Graham says the tourist industry in Egypt has been devastated so I don't think it will be too manic, but I guess it's possible it could still be busy if two planes arrive close to each other.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.