Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
and the rest you are talking about it being 128 degrees over there :)
I went last June and the day we were leaving it was 50c! I dont know what that was in fahrenheit but it was too hot for me!.
Ah Jay that is a shame but I fear after mid june the temps are usually very hot .

Dont let it grind you down though and get that holiday to the Austrian alps booked ASAP :)
Hi Lyn,I have just encountered another hurdle regarding an Austrian holiday.I have just read they have not yet stopped smoking indoors and very few hotels state they have a non smoking dining room!.
I dont mind in any other area in the hotel but I cant bear it when I am eating.
I will ask the travel agent to try and find out which ones are non smoking.Jay
Last year istanbul was 50 C too.
2007 was an extremly year.45 C is normal for Antalya.
Jay Trip, divide by 5, multiply by 9 and add 32.
50 degs is 122f.
Hot, hot, hot.
Thanks Parky,I can only convert temperatures we get here in the UK,which at the moment is blinking chilly :rofl
To recap on what I posted last year...
25 c here in sunny Huddersfield.

10 in the morning, 10 in the afternoon and 5 tonight.

Roll on Monday. 42 c and rising!!!
if you go to austria in the summer it will be around 25 c there on a hot day, ive been a few times in septmenber and its roasting,

id try st.joahnn in tyrol, its lovely, get the calbe car up in the mornings after breakfast, then slow meander down stopping at the tyrolean bars you see, it was stunning
I hope you made him sleep in the spare room for at least 2 weeks. :cry
I am off tomorrow to see if I can book a holiday to Austria!I fancy either Zell am see,St Wolfgang or St Johann.
We have just come back from the caravan where it was gale force winds,heavy rain and it was 9c! :yikes He didnt dare moan and had the nerve to point out a deal on Teletext to Turkey!
It was obviously a Goldtrail Holiday as it was AI and cheap.
When he sees the knapsack and hiking boots tomorrow he will realise hes not going to Turkey :rofl
an easy way is double it and add 28 ie 50 degrees is 50 plus 50 plus 28
Ive gone and done it!Booked a holiday to Kitzbuhel in the Austian Alps :rofl
Ill get the backpacks and boots out of the loft then say to my hubby"Guess where we are going" :rofl
I am so relieved he refused to go to Turkey as I wouldnt be going to Austria. Just 9 days before I go :sun2
Kitzbuhel is nice, its a bit too big, get the train into st johnann, they have a =n all year round toboggan there, its only one stop along, it runs down the mountain behind st johann cant remeber what its called, we used to get the train out to somewher then hire mountain bikes to get back, you can get them at the station, dont forget stroh brandy 80percent proof
To keep on topic (or even the correct forum ;) ) please continue the discussion on Austria in our Germany and Benelux forum.

Thanks

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.