Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
WOW just had a look at this Hotel it look lovely.
Oh God!!! Its only a holiday!!! I would like to stay at the yaiza but I also want to be central and I want it to have good reviews and be very comfortable/luxurious, so if someone could build me a hotel to those specifications before end of April I would be eternally gratefull!!!
Anyways whats the weather like out there end of April/May??
P.S
I do appreciate all your patience and help.
I haven't stayed there but did have a walk round the hotel when I was in Playa Blanca a couple of years ago. I was really impressed, don't know what the bedrooms are like but the public rooms looked great.
I was there the middle of April and the weather was hot. People were swimming in the sea.
You can't go wrong with the Princess Yaiza, as others have said. It's also nice and close to the nightlife. Don't expect it to be as busy as major resorts elsewhere, but there's still plenty going on. Our favourite bars start livening up around 11pm... so you'll be able to party on after a nice meal. Head out of Princess Yaiza towards the sea, and you have Playa Dorada in front of you, slightly to the right. Keep going past there, and there's CC Papagayo, a small centre with lots of bars and restaurants. Wax Bar, Mollies, PowerHouse Rock Bar, and recently opened DJs. There's also Atlantic and Jungle, which are both Spanish and get very busy around midnight. Further on past there is the Town Centre, with lots of places to try. That's about a 10 minute stroll from your hotel, along the promenade.

If you turn left at the seafront, instead of right, and walk for about 15 minutes, you'll be at the Marina... and there's some fantastic restaurants there. Give Casa Roja a try, or Commendatore Trattoria - both excellent! There's Cafe del Mar too - which is nice during the day for chilling out and eyeing up the yachts. If you want to party with the pretty locals, then follow the Marina around to the right, past the dive centre... and go to "One Bar" - which is popular here.

Within Princess Yaiza grounds, you have a Tapas bar (Called Tapas), 4 Lunas which is a Jazz bar, La Gelateria for ice cream, Don Giovanni which looks great, but I haven't tried it, and Mojitos, which is a late night disco. Watch the prices in Mojitos though - ouch! I walked past there yesterday, and they had 2 fellas singing Spanish songs for the diners outside - it was really tasteful, and I was very jealous!

Elle xx
Thanks to you all. Am back at work so haven't had an opportunity to reply but have been reading the posts as they came in.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.