Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
blonde, it would help me to know what you mean by luxury? How much do you want to pay etc etc. What made you choose Lanzarote?

I love lanzarote, and I have lived here for 16 years, but luxury is not a word I would equate with here!! :) There are 5* hotels (by spanish standards) but the island itself is not classed as a luxury destination!
We have been to Playa Blanca and fell in love with The Princessa Yaiza. The hotel is luxurious and you really couldn't ask for a better location.
I'd say go for it and if you can stretch to a suite with a sea view then even better.
Hi
Sorry, by luxury I mean a real four star where its a nice room with comfortable soft furnishings, well sprung bed and good food. Thats all.
Would also be looking to pay about max £1500 for week for two. Just liked the look of Lanzarote, one place I've not been to and it would appear the temp is good for April plus don't want to do long haul this year.
If you are looking at Playa Blanca, then you'll find some great hotels, but miss the nightlife. On the other hand, if you stay in PDC, you'll get all the nightlife you want, (but not forced upon you) you will however miss out on the luxury, unless perhaps the Hotel San Antonio is a nice one. I've never stayed there so can't comment, but I would definatley look to stay in PDC iif you'd like the option of things to do at night and not be in bed by 11ish

Happy hols
Danny
I want Luxury, comfort and night life

Why not grab a villa then. Eat when and where you want, relax in your own pool.
I love Lanzarote and have been many times , but I wouldn't say it was the place to go for Night life.
I would say that would be more Gran Canaria or Tenerife.
I'd avoid both Gran Canaria and Tenerife as their main resorts are more geared towards teens-30's
I love Lanza and PDC, have been 5 times but hated Tenerife and LAs Americas
because then I'd feel too isolated, I like the hustle and bustle of a hotel, people watching round the pool etc.
I also disliked Tenerife, especially las Americas!!! I imagine Lanzarote to be more picturesque.
Is Playa de los Pocillos very close to Puert Carmen as it appears to mentioned quite a lot in conjunction with PDC? San Antoni has not got good reviews at all!!
blonde wrote:
San Antoni has not got good reviews at all!!

They don't look too bad to me! :que

SAN ANTONIO REVIEWS

Pippy :)
Have looked at reviews for Hotel Iberostar Costa Calero which are excellent and it looks like with some small effort we can be at the centre of things fairly easy, reviews for san antonio on trip advisor and holidays uncovered didn't paint a good picture at all. Has anyone got any extra info re costa calero?? :(
Yeah, looked again at these reviews, but it was the fact that it was a bit basic that put me off, I know I'm fussy, can't help it and the reviews on trip advisor weren't brilliant!!
Its probably the only holiday this year so want it to be good!!
I'm not soooooo fussy honest!!
Have you looked at the Rubicon Palace in Playa Blanca? Or even the Natura Palace that is more or less next door. There are some fantastic restaurants next to both hotels. I love Playa Blanca and think it is more upmarket than PDC. Just my opinion and it all depends on what holiday the individual wants!
Or even the Gran Hotel Melia Volcan (a 5 star plus) in PLaya Blanca that is located at the Marina Rubicon, again with fantastic restaurants. The hotel is superb inside although I've not stayed there myself.
Costa calero is very up market , lots of boats and money there.
No night life outside the hotels only a few bars.

Very quiet.

Poccillos not so up market. About a 30 min walk along the front to PDC
But quiet .

Tenerife .Fanabe is very nice
Gran Canaria .P Mogan.I think it's heaven on earth.
We have just been to the 4* Cordial playa Hotel in P Mogan.Gran Canaria. It was Wonderful.
They are both lovely but then again quiet.
It all depends what you mean by nightlife.
Bars and meals or clubs and discos.
wish i could stay at the yaiza, walk through it when i can, thats as close i get to it, would love to stay there. best hotel in the area in my opinion, with the lovely beach and a nice stroll to the harbour.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.