General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
I share your frustration, Babs, it happens a lot and having just checked on some of my recent posts where exactly the same thing has happened, I'm increasingly reluctant to spend very long on an initial reply to any request for help or information from a new member for that reason. I've come to the conclusion that the best thing is to just respond with a short reply in the first instance, perhaps a request for additional info or clarification, and then wait to see if that gets any response before making a more detailed reply.

And there are a few members of much longer standing that have fallen into the rude habit of never thanking people for info, never offer help to other members and only post when they have yet another question. I just ignore posts from them now and I think I'm probably not the only one to notice this - look carefully and you'll find that there are a number of posts that have never received a reply.
This happens quite often on the Complaints section. Its disappointing to see new members posting for help and then we never hear from them again- even though we can see they have returned and read.
By the way Babs- the cruise member you helped with info- she actually hasn't returned at all.
It's always been like that, there's been many threads over the years similar to this one, complaining about posters who ask for info and then either don't come back or they come back, read, and don't have the manners to just say thank you.

It baffles me why someone would spent the time typing a really long post in the complaints forum and then never come back....it's like they don't really want any help and just want to use the forum as a platform for a good rant......it used to get lively when they didn't get the advice they were hoping for, and some could get abusive if you didn't agree with them.

It's water off a duck's back now and there's now't so queer as folks.

Sanji x
Happens on other forums I frequent - I suspect that a lot of the one time posters don't like the replies they get eg get travel insurance before you travel!!
I know what you mean! I sometimes don't have the answer off the top of my head so will go & research then post never to know if it was of any help.
Yes I agree, some folks who have travelled far and wide and have a great deal of knowledge take the time and trouble to put together detailed answers and the original poster then does not acknowledge it , which is a shame. It's like if you were face to face with a room of people asked a question, got several helpful replies and you just walked off and said nothing, not many people would do that in real life so why do it on here?

I do like the 'like' button now think that's pretty good.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.