General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
SomersetSuzie wrote:
I would be so upset to lose my tweezers. I've had them for years and they cannot be replaced!

My mum had her tweezers confiscated at security a few years ago, she had forgotten to pack them in her suitcase and the security chap at Palma got quite shirty with her. She was devestated as she had had them since she was a teenager and she has never found a pair that even comes close to them.

What would I most hate to lose? Probably my mobile phone which is a bit sad really, but I would be lost without it. I would also be a bit miffed if I lost my make up bag and its contents. Mainly because i must be a bit vain ;) Its all things that can be replaced though.

Sarah :)
I'd hate to lose my luggage - it happened to a friend of mine and took 3 days before the airline traced and delivered it to her - she said it was a nightmare! I always breathe a big sigh of relief when I spot my suitcase coming round on the luggage carousel.
I'd hate to lose my camera at the end of a holiday - nothing to look back on and show friends and family. :sad
Never mind losing it, but even being parted from my CPAP machine during travel scares me rigid. It's a permanent medical necessity for me, and after BA's hiatus at San Francisco when they only agreed to give it to the Purser on my flight home after the Homeland Security insisted that it was safe, resulting in my having it, but not my hold luggage for 20 days minus 2 hours (compensation looming!!!) I make sure that it travels with me or I don't fly.
As a single item I would have to confess to my GHDs. I have grown to rely on them heavily and there is definately no way I would want to be seen out with the helmet look I get without them . :rofl

Most other items could be replaced when I'm there to a certain degree.
My gas hair tongs - or running out of gas!! Tried to buy some gas once when we were abroad and they hadn't a clue what I was talking about.

If my hair's tidy I'm not bothered what I'm wearing, but if my hair's a mess it wouldn't matter if I was done up to the 9's I'd still feel dreadful :cry
GHDS! all the way id be straight to the nearest city to buy something similar no expense spared!
I would hate to lose my camera on holiday too to be honest as I would hate to have no photos to look back on.

I once managed to leave my phone charger in a travelodge, I was so annoyed at the time.
I have to have two things GHD's can't live without them since I discovered them, and my Camera :cheers
Miss Pink - I would have bet money on you saying you wouldn't want to lose your sense of humour or your good looks!!!
:offtop slightly!! my friends zip broke on her suitcase in transit and she lost few bits out of it she had scan through and couldnt see anything significant missing while at airport, it wasnt until we got to hotel she realised she had brought 4 pairs of shoes and she only had one foot of each shoe! it was cruel but i laughed so much it hurt!
so i wouldnt want to lose just one shoe.
During our last holiday in Egypt, hubby was scanning through our pictures the day before we were due to fly home, when he accidentaly delated the whole lot. I was tamping, and only have photos of the last day we were there. He hasn't been allowed to live it down.
Marlou :offtop if he deleted from memory card there is some software out there that can recover this, if you are interested I will track down, I will check later what it's called and PM you. let me know.
Would also be interested in that Miss Pink - my friend recently returned from holiday and her daughter deleted all their pics instead of just one snap! She is gutted so if there's any chance of retrieving them then it would be great.
I'd be quite annoyed if my wife vanished. Who'd iron my shirts?
TRY THIS

:offtop Kimi and Marlou link attached if of interested, I use QVC and can recommend them, have not used this product but they have a 30 day money back guarantee and they do honour that you just have to pay p and p if you return it. There is a video presentation on it too.

Hope this helps.
Thanks so much Miss Pink, hubby took it back to the shop when we returned. They don't even know what he's done, because they couldn't retrieve anything either!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.