General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
My sunscreen for lips. I would be lost without it. I have horrendous lips which crack all the time be it Summer or winter. In Winter they are permanently coated with vaseline & in Summer with sunscreen.
I am packed and ready for back home. I would hate to lose.

GHDs
Hairdryer cos its an expensive one and I have had it years.

My expensive brill tweezers

My shoes

My clothes

My money

Infact my whole case, as its my absolute nightmare from hell.. so when I land back in manchester tonight, I will be happy when that case comes round the carousel. :que
Have you noticed that apart from this post
I'd be quite annoyed if my wife vanished. Who'd iron my shirts?

I think it's just us girlies that are concerned about losing our bits on holidays :rofl
Hubby would live quite happily in the clothes he stood up in for 2 weeks - wouldn't bother him at all! I'm sure the smell would bother a lot of others though. :rofl
An emery board, I can't stand having rough edges on my not so well manicure nails it drives me nuts. :rage
There's not much that couldn't be replaced but I too would hate to loose my camera with all my photos on, or my camcorder discs.
The biggest loss would be time. I'd hate to lose precious hours of my hol because of a long flight delay. Passport would be another thing I'd hate to lose whilst on hols. I Would be completely panicked and wouldn't have a clue what to do
definately my camera.i think digitals,are the best invention ever!
tracy
I would hate to lose my other half on holiday as I would have to take my heavy suitcase off the carousel myself! :rofl
About 20lbs as the food would have been very bad.
My mum had her tweezers confiscated at security a few years ago, she had forgotten to pack them in her suitcase and the security chap at Palma got quite shirty with her. She was devestated as she had had them since she was a teenager and she has never found a pair that even comes close to them.

Same thing happend to me a few years ago. My hubby, who always takes his tweezers on holiday :que decided to put mine in the hand luggage and they were confiscated. I'd had mine since I was 13 and my friend, who gave them to me, has died so they had sentimental value. I have never let him live it down. BTW what do they do with all confiscated items? Would be a good idea if they had SAE's so you could send them back to yourself.
I have seen people do that. Off to WH Smith for a padded envelope and some stamps to send their items home.

luci :wave
Hi Luci
Didn't get the chance to go to WH Smith cos we flew from Coventry which, at that time, was very basic! Probably still is??
I meant Security could sell them. I would have paid well over the odds to buy an envelope/stamps to post my tweezers back home :cry
My glasses. Blind as a bat without them. Sunspecs would do me fine during the day, but would look a bit odd wearing them at night in October.
my house keys!!! imagine getting home after a long flight and not being able to get in!
Sydney said
I would hate to lose my other half on holiday as I would have to take my heavy suitcase off the carousel myself

I first looked at this and thought aaah. and then I read on and had to laugh - they always say men are good at lifting things, love your thinking Sydney :rofl
Our luggage , Our spending money and the way to the bar ;) ..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.