Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Well I suppose they could try, but I doubt it. :)
Don't be surprised at what they can give as discount. It depends on whether it was one of their holidays, what offers they have on and various other things, but most of all on how much they want to secure your business ;)
Kath HT Admin
hi..kath.. :wave ..i quite agree with what you have said we have just saved over £300 by buying a holiday from orchid travel the same holiday flights,hotel,transfers.with first choice was £1800 but with orchid travel £1498 everything the same...............regards john-doe ........it pays to shop around and barter..........
Hi, thanks for your replies.

I thought they couldn't really ask for it but just thought I would check.

She already took £500 off being a TC travel agent. The original cost was £1800, we are paying £950 I would not have thought that she would have discounted a further £300/£350.

Asked a friend to go in to TA yesterday with the same holiday etc who said she would be prepared to book that day they quoted £1500.

Looks like I have received a bargain :lol:
gail,is that for the same size room,and board?when we booked our holiday last year,travel agent quoted us £200 cheaper for exact same hol as thomson website,might have to look at tc next time!
Hi boots everything exactly the same, that's why I got a bit panicky, friend got me the print out from the shop and compared it. As long as they can't come back to I dont care :lol:

Just on another note we booked with Thomson for Christmas through their "build your own holiday" just the flight and accommodation. By doing this we have saved over £1000 compared to the package holiday. Our cost £1070 package on the website is at the moment £2285, the only difference is the flight meals and transfer which we can still book with Thomson for £85.00.

Sorry went a bit off topic there as bargains like this never happen to me. I just could not believe as of yesterday there is still a £520 approx difference in the holiday.

Gail :lol:
I took into the travel agents the internet breakdown and they have me the same price saving myself £556. Think me chatting the manager up worked.
it amazes me how prices can vary so much,would love to no how they work out prices?well thats your spending money sorted gail!
When I was in the travel agent, he said that he would make his money up elsewhere, so obviously some other poor soul would have been ripped off.
Last year we went to grand azure egypt. First choice knocked 500 off a holiday for 6 adults. They matched a price from Holidays Direct, but what i did not tell them was the HD quote was for 2 rooms not 3 as FC gave me. :roll: They also on the same day knocked 300 off of theme park tickets for Orlando to match the price of Attractions Direct.

So that day they gave me a discount of 800 and they still made a profit. :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.