Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Kev

The hotel website can be found HERE if that's any help. You may find a little more info there than in the brochure.

If anyone can assist by posting a review please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
We got married there last year and had a brilliant time. It can be as lively or as relaxing as you like. The rooms are great, beach is fab, pool is MASSIVE, food was fantastic.

Can't fault it one bit.
Thanks Stacey, I definitely think this hotel is the one for us. I'm just wondering because i've noticed Iberostar have 5 hotels at this site and facilities are shared, does that mean that the facilities advertised in the brochure like the activities, restaurants, bars & disco are spread over the resort or does each hotel have their own facilities?
Hi kev-o,

We also liked the look of this complex and booked the Paraiso Lindo for next year.

From what I gather, guests of the P del mar and P Beach can use each others facilites.
Guests of the P Lindo and P Maya can use each others facilities plus the facilities of the P del Mar and P Beach.
And guests of the new Grand Hotel can use everything on the 5 hotel complex.

Hope that makes sense...
When we were there if you were at the Beach/Del Mar you couldn't use the bars/restaurants at the Lindo or Maya but if you are at the Lindo or Maya you can use ALL facilities.

The Lindo & Maya are more expensive but the Beach/Del Mar is a bit livlier. The Beach also has the "teenies disco" which is a disco open until about midnight and every age can use it. The other disco is up by the Maya and the train runs until 4am. This is for over 18's only.

If there is no train just ask one of the bellboys to give you a lift back on their golf buggy.
We booked to stay at the Lindo for our wedding in Oct 06 but were upgraded to the Maya. There were two restaurants that were only available to the Maya guests. Had a fab time there but the Lindo/Maya have a quieter atmosphere - we've previously stayed at the Del Mar and its livelier there in a good way. Would return to any of the Paraiso hotels - busy saving up to stay at the Grand!

Cazz
We are looking at the Maya for August (maybe not the best time to go due to the possibility of hurricanes but the only time available to us). I have been reading about it all day and it sounds wonderful. Just looking around for prices.

The only company seems to be First Choice.
Am I loosing my marbles ? I've just clicked into the Cyprus forum and got this ?

:shock:
Could be me, this is the second time today that I've miss hit something, last time I was texting my mate and accidently invited the plumber around for Spag Boll !... oops...

Steve (fat fingers AskCy lol )
Hi Katiesmum,

Thomas Cook seemed to have dropped the Maya for 2008 so you're right, just First Choice offering it. Not sure if Eclipse (direct arm of First Choice) do this hotel?

Cazz
Can`t find it on the Eclipse site, they have Lindo but not Maya.
It's a pain when only one operator does the hotel - no chance to shop around for a better price!

The Lindo shares the same pools, restaurants and facilities so it would be a comparitive hotel but somewhat cheaper - worth considering maybe?
Hi cazzholly,

Rooms at the Maya look a little bigger.

Did you really like the Maya, anything you didn`t like, the reviews I have read seem too good to be true or is it just so wonderful no one wants to moan.
We absolutely loved the Maya and really couldn't fault anything. This was our 6th visit to the Paraiso resort hotels and we had booked the Lindo for our wedding last October but were upgraded to the Maya upon arrival.

We had a standard junior suite at the Maya which was a good size - would have also slept a couple of kids easily. Having said that we were previously very pleased with our room at the Lindo and it wasn't much different, if at all, in size.

There are 3 'private pools' at the Maya (about 30x15ft at a guess!) which are accessed through 3 of the room blocks. These tended to be peaceful and we often had the whole pool and pool area to ourselves which was nice. This was the only real 'perk' though of staying at the Maya - everything else is shared with the Lindo so same entertainment theatre and restaurants. Also (and this never seems to get a mention in the brochures) in the grounds there is a commercial centre a very short walk away which is open to the guests of all Paraiso resort hotels. There are shops, adult disco and spa here together with ice cream parlour/creperie, tapas outlet, hamburger bar and tacos outlet. The food outlets here are all part of the all inclusive and make a welcome change for a snack or drink.

I guess if money were not a stumbling block I would choose the Maya over the Lindo but I really don't think you'll be disappointed with either hotel or indeed the Beach or DelMar!

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Cazz
Thanks for the advice it sounds really lovely. Got a good price from First Choice online, CoOp travel could not match it have told me if its still available to book it so will check it out in the next few days.

Can you tell me if the sofa is a bed, we have a daughter who will be 11, the 2 double beds sound a little on the small side, so was thinking of kingsize and sofa bed if they do it.

Many thanks

Helen
Hi Helen,

The sofa was a large sofa bed in the lounge area of the room. There were a couple of steps down from the main room and the lounge area had the sofa, tables and a dressing table. This led out onto the balcony which had a double hammock, wooden table and chairs and clothes drying rack.

The rooms with two double beds are very spacious too - bed arrangement would easily sleep 2 children. Most rooms have a sofa too but not sure if this is a sofa bed! Hope you manage to book at a good price!

Cazz
Hi Cazz,

Still looking, only First Choice and Eclipse for Maya not Thomas Cook any more so am bit limited, keep hoping price may come down!! Really want to go.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.