Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Which resort/country is it in Dave?

luci :wave
Luci,

The Iberostar Paraiso is in the mayan Iveria, Mexico,

Problem is all three Iberostar resorts are all called paraiso - but are followed by either Beach, Del mar or Lindo. Which are you staying at Dave?

I was in the Mayan Riverira in may and had a great time. Didn't stay at the Iberostar but they have a great reputation. heres a link to some reviews just scroll down to the Riviera maya section and pick whichever hotel is yours.
http://www.debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com/mexico/mexrevind.html

Tracy
I'm staying in Iberostar Paraiso Del in Mar Riviera Maya luci! 8)
Thanks for the info! I have asked for your hotel to be added to our reviews site. Perhaps someone will have posted a review before June, if not you can be the first. :wink:

luci :wave
Anyone who has stayed her would you please assist your fellow holidaymakers by adding your review here:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/mexico/yucatan-peninsula/playa-del-carmen/iberostar-paraiso-del-mar-hotel/

Many Thanks :wave
Hi
I posted a review of this fantastic hotel yesterday... really can't recommend it highly enough! Sure you'll have a brilliant time Dave. Any questions, feel free to mail me.
Cazz :)
Thanks for that Cazz! It sounds quality, really can't wait to go! Only 8 months 6 days! :P

Come on guys/gals there must be more of you been to this resort!
After just coming back form Egypt me and my wife have also booked to go the Paraiso in September of 2005.

The reviews on Tripadvisor seem to be really good. We booked with Elipse direct as they are the direct selling arm of First Choice same flight everything but £400 cheaper.

Has anyone booked with eclipse as all the brits seem to be in the Paraiso Beach and I was wondering if this was the case.
Hi Thunderbird

We have been to the Paraiso with Airtours, Eclipse and are off there again tomorrow (baggage handlers willing!) with Blue Sky who were the direct selling company belonging to Thomas Cook. On the two previous occasions we have been there, there were only a handful of Brits there. Most guests are American and Canadian with some Europeans, mostly Dutch, German and Spanish ...... It's a wonderful, amazing place and i'm sure you won't be disappointed. Any questions, feel free to ask and i'll post when I come back.

Cazz
Ah ..... Thunderbird ....I think I misread your post :oops:

You were asking about the difference between the Paraiso Beach and the Paraiso Del Mar I think (now!) The Beach is blocks of accommodation on one side, the Del Mar is the other side with the pools winding down towards the beach between the two sides. The rooms in the Beach and Del Mar are virtually the same. They share the same restaurants, pools, entertainments etc. The only difference is which side of the pool you are! If you check the Iberostar website you can see the layout. By the way, if you have no problems with stairs (there are no lifts) it may be worth requesting a top floor (3rd) as these are quieter and have better views. Apparently on the ground and first floors you can hear people walking about in the room above you with shoes on as the floors are all marble! Hope this answers your query anyway!
Cazz
Thanks for that cazz.

We will request a high floor room bacause my wife hates insects after she met a cockroach 1 night in our hotel room in the Dominican republic.

Just tried booking extra legroom seats even though its 11 months away they have all gone just hope its one of these new first choice planes as thats the reason why we booked this holiday.
I stayed in the Iberostar Tucan in Playacar on the Mayan Riviera last year. The hotel was fantastic and the food was really good. The staff were very friendly. The Iberostar chain is a good company and from what I have heard their hotels are all the same standard. You should have a great time. Don't miss trips to Chichen Itza and Tulum.
I would upgrade if you can. We paid £200 each for Premiair gold, more comfortable seats. extra legroom, only 2 seats instead of 3 to a row and it was worth it.

Lesley
Hi,
We spent two weeks at the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar last summer - absolutely amazing quality of hotel! The Del Mar and the Beach are the same hotel, basically, just 2 sides to the same pool, and all other amenities are shared. the Lindo is newer, smarter, posher, and guests staying there get to use the restaurants for all three. Guests at the del Mar and Paraiso can't use the Lindo's restaurants. The one and only downside to this place is the location - you can't walk out of the hotel of an evening, so we hired a car for a couple of days to get out and about. Afterwards we wished we had hired it for the whole two weeks, as then you get to see the real Mexico. It's no problem hiring a car though, as they do it in resort. And the hotel entertainment is excellent, so you might not want to go out anyway.
Anyone who books this hotel will not be disappointed,
Mary
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.