Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Been to both. Cyprus is a stunning island with bundles culture but its no Ibiza if you want a party and carnival atmosphere.

I've never heard of Cyprus been called "The New Ibiza", but "they" are quite wrong.
ive been cyprus (ayia napa) and ibiza.they are both great places and plenty of good clubs in ayia napa but for clubbing ibiza is better.the country cyprus is alot better i think if your not interesting in just clubbing and more friendlier people there than ibiza,but it is 4 half hours away and expensive
Thanks for the feedback!

Just for clarification...are you saying Cyprus is more expensive than Ibiza? I was thinking it would be the opposite (i.e., overall spending for food, drink, clubs, lodging, etc, would be less once in Cyprus).
yes overall cyprus is very expensive but worth it! i wouldnt go cyprus for clubbing i would go ibiza.the english people we spoke to who lived in cyprus when we went 2004 and 2005 said it was getting more expensive every year and more people were goin turkey instead because of the price of things i.e food/booze. cyprus is beautiful country if youve got money go there.if you want shorter flight/ better clubs/and cheaper go ibiza
Too tell you the truth, with the exception of clubbing in Ibiza which is indeed very expensive, I've never really noticed much difference between Cyprus and Ibiza for drinks and eating out. But thats just me I suppose.

Ibiza can be very cheap if you know were to go. Many of the bars in Ibiza Town (away from the marina) for example are very good value if you buy tapas and house wine and beer. Ive only been to Paphos in Cyprus so it is hard to compare as I have been to most places on Ibiza. Ibiza can be very expensive or very cheap, it depends on were you go.
We went to Protaras 2 years ago and it's the first holiday we've ever been on that we actually ran out of money and had to find an ATM. It's certainly a lot more expensive than Ibiza. If your main scene is clubbing then it's Ibiza every time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.