Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hello Barbara,

We too was there for from 2 October to the 9th. The first time we have been in October. Thought it was lovely time to go regarding the weather which was comfortable. I think there was nearly the same amount of tourists as in early June, though maybe more Brits this time.

We ate in the Loveboat most nights as we were HB in the hotel above. Could you tell me where The Wayside is, heard a lot of good reports but have never found it. As we will be B&B next year will have time to get around more restaurants.

Thanks

BarbH
Enjoyed the report Barbara and we are looking foreword to meeting you and Martin in May next year,The Kontes I think.
We also loved the Lion Bar and sad its just going to be a restaurent and no longer a fun pub.

All those restaurents you visited,did you put weight on?

Gene
Hi BarbH,

I agree that the end of September beginning of October is a lovely time to go but I think with this year being so quiet we came home about the right time as some places were already beginning to close. The Wayside is down the road that goes directly down the side of Tansas. it's just before you get to the junction of the main Marmaris to Turunc road.

Gene we tried to spread our hard earned cash around a bit this year but there is just so much that you can eat. Yes we did put on weight but will hopefully lose it again before May.

I realised that I didn't really say much about Icmeler itself in my report but I just can't compete with your literary skills. :roll:

Barbara
Thanks Varvara, I must have walked by there in Octover when I went to a good alteration tailor. he was cheap and made an excellent job altering a skirt for my frned.

Just came back from a meal at a local Turkish restaurant. Had starter. ewo glasses of wine, Shish kebab and coffee. total £20 for the two of us. We have quite a large amount of Turkish people opening shops near us. Just as nice and friendly as in Icmeler.

BarbH
Hi BarbH

How many glasses of wine did you have :lol: :lol:
:lol:

I've been called some names in my time but this is a first.

Barbara (Varvara)
Barbara, sorry about the spelling, was not the wine! Only had two glasses. My excuse is that my glasses (ones for the eyes) broke on Sunday and I am having to use old pair which are no damned good!

Well that is my excuse!

BarbH
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.