Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We stayed in Icmeler first week of October in 2006 and it was lovely but the day we was going home it poured withrain.

We then went to Kalkan last 2 years.. last week September/first week Octber and had lovely weather, does get a bit chilly at night sometomes but the sea temperatires are really nice and warm.

The resorts are begininng to slow down a bit but I prefer this time of year. It does seem to be getting more popular nowdays and the prices seem cheaper.
Hi Alison
We are allways in Icmeler the last weeks in Sept into early Oct, including this Sept coming, and have been for the last 10yrs. The weather is definatly still o.k and can be very hot, but have to say its a bit unpredictable in regard to the odd downpour, which only lasts for an hour or so and is quite dramatic. As BarbH says it gets a bit chilly at night, you will need a cardie to throw over your shoulders as it goes dark very early. Dont know anything about the apartments, but if you look on Icmeleronline forum, Ive seen plenty of reports about them. Also the town is starting to wind down as is everywhere, but you can still find some good crac, in the numourous bars that we have here.
Regards
Peli
We were in Dalyan till Nov last year, it was beautiful right up to the last day, i find that time of year really nice not so busy, went bit chilly at night but seemed to warm up again around 7.
All the shops/ bars stayed open because it was so nice, but we were very lucky i know it can vary.
We have found that for holidaymakers who are not governed by school holidays September is the most popular month. As was said previously its usually a little cooler(but still may be very hot some days) than July/August, and you can get some short rainy periods in October.
Regarding restaurants/bars etc closing it really depends on how busy the season has been, but the beginning of October one or two places may close. If Turkey is going to be a hot favourite this year, as the papers are saying - we could see a lot of places staying open till the end of October.
I have a couple of times in October and generally the weather was fine, the prices also seem a bit cheaper at that time

the faber are lovely apartments, well from the outside tehy look good but anytime I passed them in October they looked as if they were closed

Stewart
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.