Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We were there 6-20th September last year and the weather was lovely, we're going in May this year so hoping the weather will be good,haven't been in May before,We found August too hot,October we had bad weather ,it's our anniversary in May so thought we'd take a chance.
Lucy2,

You may find the WEATHER: reports, news, Q&As topic useful. September is my favoured month to visit Icmeler as it's still very hot, but the edge is taken off slightly. Still expect mid 30's during the day, and often early 40's, and mid 20's in the evening. Towards the end of the month, it may drop to early 20's in the evening but still very pleasant. I've only seen an odd shower or storm in September, it's a great time to travel generally. The resort normally starts to quieten down mid October.

Darren
We are off to that region next week and are expecting temperatures in the early to mid 20's. Although friends there at the moment say it is 24C with 27C being forecast for next week. I was there a few weeks ago and we were lucky and had lovely sunny days with cool evenings. The May weather is usually fabulous althought the sea temperatures are not warm enough for me. My husband goes in though and says I am a wimp! September is often very nice and the sea is still warm. You may need light jackets for the evenings. There is a chance of a shower or two or even a Firtina but they don't usually last long.
We normally go to Icmeler every October but last year we went on September 28th.
It was too hot for me and some days it was 34c!
We were there for 2 weeks and it rained on our last day but in previous years we have gone in the middle of October or the end and have had gorgeous weather.
I still cant decide to go in September or wait until October.
We are off to Calis beach in 2 weeks and in previous years when we have been to Turkey in May the weather been lovely with no rain. :tup
Hi We went to Marmaris last year 21 Sep for 2 weeks,we had a 1/2 day of rain and the rest of the time was nice and hot ,We are going back this year 19 Sep for 2 weeks so don't worry about the weather and enjoy your holiday. :glynis :sun2
Well possibly 15th-29th is the dates we are going. The general feel I get is that weather is normally good then. Is everything still open at that time ? Not going to book for a few weeks yet anyway as flights are still pretty expensive at the moment.
So keep your thoughts and views coming !!!!
Lucy2,

Most things are still in full swing in the middle of September, but you will get the feeling the resort is winding down for the year towards the end of the month. Everything will still be open though.

Darren
Lucy2 everything and everywhere will be open and the weather will be hot, Last year we went to turtle beach and the mud baths, the boat went from Marmaris, with lunch it cost about £14 each and that is a all day excursion, A pint of Efes was ranged from 5Lr to 9Lr and a lot of cocktails was 2 for 1, We are staying at the Emre Hotel Marmaris (worth a look at there webpage)AI and at the time we booked it costs about £1200 for the 2 of us 19 Sep for 2 weeks Hope you get sorted, From a cold and wet Cornwall
Efes 5tl-9tl :que
We were only paying 2.50tl in the village and one bar in town sells it for 1.75tl. :tup
A pint of Efes was ranged from 5Lr to 9Lr :yikes

Where was that. I want to go and take a photo (from outside) mind they might even charge for that! :really

Tim
I don't drink, but may as well as soft drinks are on a par with Efes sometimes! :cheers

I too have been looking at flights as was thinking of nipping over in June, but yes they are very pricey and not sure if they will be coming down either??? :duh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.