Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Welcome flash_cc ... I think your confusion may perhaps be between the Province of Alicante and the City of Alicante. Torrevieja, Denia, Benidorm, etc are resorts/towns within the Province of Alicante, they are not districts of the City of Alicante. If it's a city break in Alicante you are looking for, then you need to discount all those other resorts which would be a bus or train journey away. Denia for example is around 90 minutes by train from Alicante City. Perhaps looking at an online map may give you a better idea of the city, and where all those other resorts are in relation to it.

David :wave
Hi David, thanks for your help, do you know the area Gran Alacant? we've looked at a few private rentals in this area. would alicante city be accessible enough from here if we wanted to go in a day and would there be much to do in the area itself?

Claire :wave:
I personally don't know it, but one of our members (AHV I think) has mentioned it a few times, so keep watching this thread for replies.

David :wave
Gran Alacant Is about a 25 min drive from Alicante Airport, Torrevieja is about a 40 minute drive from Alicante Airport and about 50 min drive to Alicante city itself. Torrevieja is now on Street view so you can always have a look around online! Not been to Gran Alacant so can´t help you there, but Torrevieja though will be fairly quiet in April there are plenty of bars/restaurants open!
There is a coach company that does day trips if you want to get away for the day. Murcia Aiport is also about a 35 min to Torrevieja!
murcia airport is nearest airport to Torrevieja.but you have to weigh up the costs of flights.is it cheaper to fly there or Alicante Airport,who flys there and on what dates as well.
Gran Alacant is 11kms from Alicante airport which is about 10 minutes by car. Murcia (San Javier) airport is 100kms. Gran Alacant is 15 minutes by taxi to the centre of Alicante or 30 minutes by bus. If you don't want to be in the city then either Gran Alacant or San Juan Playa would be better for you. In Gran Alacant everything in April will be open and will be busy over the Easter weekend as it is a popular destination for Spanish families but quieten down afterwards. The bus service to Alicante is frequent and reliable. Great beaches on your doorstep at Gran Alacant, Carabassi and Arenales, several supermarkets and over 60 bars, cafes and restaurants catering for all tastes and budgets.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.