Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
I would say that in your case you'd be up to date on all injections Marlou. You don't need anything more than what you needed for your trips to Egypt.
Thanks for that, I'm not very happy about taking the malaria tablets to be honest. I've heard they can make you really sick. Hopefully the doc will be able to advise the best ones. I'll have to ring the surgery tomorrow because I have no record of any of the injections i've had in the past, so not sure which ones i'll need.
I am sure that you don't need malaria tablets, just use sensible prevention including sprays / creams & the plug in repellant for Cape Verde, the only exception being the island of Sao Tiago.
As Helen mentions if you had all the injections for your trip to Egypt you will be fine, just check your tetanus is up to date though.

http://www.mims.co.uk/TravelTables/882622/Cape-Verde-Islands/
No jabs are required (apart from Yellow Fever if coming form an affected country - not applicable to the UK) but some are recommended - eg tetanus, hep A, typhoid, polio etc.

Best to see your GP or nurse ideally 6 weeks before travel.

Take any meds etc.you may need as they will cost an arm and a leg there. Also remember the medical facilities there are basic so dont take risks.
Thanks guys, i'll get in touch with the surgery tomorrow and check that i'm all up to date. I'm very pleased about not needing malaria tabs :D
Got them all here Marlou, what injections & exact dates you had them
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.