Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
7th January but I'm worried that because of the Christmas holidays it could take a while.
Hi,we took our visas into goswell road (london) on monday morning collected them today so not bad considering the whole of the south east is in caos with the weather.
Thanks for the info squigs.
Preacher - I got mine back once with my surname spelt wrong and had no problems.
Hi folks, anyone know if the are being strict on the 50x50 photos for visas?
Can i hell find a booth that will produce that format.
Passport photos are 50mil H now so what is the new 50 W gonna do?
Make your face look fatter or just show more background.
Just another stumbling block in the visa charade i think
Just had a email from them regarding "no record found" when trying to track my application.
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your query,

We have received your application and it is currently under process. Please note that due to high volumes of postal applications being received - all such cases are being processed as soon as possible; however there may be some minor delays. Your application will be updated on our tracking website soon.

And TracyM, my wife has done exactly the same and left of the maiden name,hopefuly it will be ok.
They once left a letter H out of my surname an inserted it by hand and someone had initialed it. Never had a problem traveling with it. Then guess what, for the next 3 years every visa i got had the same mistake and same correction obviously the visa is just a reprint of the previous one with different dates and serial number on it.It was only ever put right when I supplied a new passport. Which begs the question, do they even read your application form apart from a cursory glance to check it is signed etc.
The preacher...They did exactlly the same with my husbands visa a couple of years ago,I was told to send it back for correction.It was returned within a couple of days with an initialed correction.

Must be something about the name Michael!!!! :) :cheers Paula
Just received email telling me passport has to be sent back to have the name amended........Who pays??????? :que
Took ours into Victoria this morning. With an appointment we waited about 40 minutes. Have been advised that the processing time is about a week.

Pretty much painless in terms of the new form. I did hear them telling one person who had the old form that he had to transfer all the information on to the new one, so presumably they were accepting some handwritten forms if you have turned up witht he old form? All in all it was much better organised than 10 years ago when we applied in person at the Embassy for our first ever visa!

Fingers and toes crossed they are back soon, fly on the 22nd! :yikes
just been on the visa wed site.
i possed it to manchester on 4 nov
it is ready for collection in birmingham
but i live 180 miles away in middlesbrough
when you pay for your visa is return postage
included its only been 30 days i mite get it back
before i go end of january lol
thanks boromick
:que :que :think
Boromick Return postage is not included.You either have to include a sd post paid envelope with your application or pay online for one of their sd envelops which is about £7 plus
The Preacher, Surprise,surprise,Guess what....you have to pay!!! :que Paula
The Preacher, Surprise,surprise,Guess what....you have to pay!!! Paula

Thought so
It would appear that VFS will continue to accept handwritten applications until 13th December.
Have a look at this link.
There is also lots of other useful information!

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k4085109-Visa_Issues_Email_to_VSF_and_Reply_from_them-Goa.html
Took my new application forms to Manchester this morning and they were accepted, phew! I was the first person to arrive 15 minutes before it opened and was straight in & out. The man and woman behind the desks were reall friendly and helpful. Just to let you know they are really keen that you put post codes and telephone numbers with all addresses. I miised off port of exit so the lady just wrote it in and I put 'double' visa and she crossed it out and put multiple as I said I didn't want single. The guy at the side of me had normal size passport photos and they accepted them, knowing my luck if I had turned up with them they wouldn't have. I also paid for 2 passports to be returned when I only needed to have paid for one as both can be returned in 1 envelope. :duh I was told they would take 5 - 7 working days at least so fingers crossed I will get them soon. Let me know if anyone has any questions, as you have been there for me ;)
Good result Tracym.Did they say anything about your maiden name?
ok

my SDE has been sent and should arrive before 6th Dec so thats like tommorrow while I am at work :duh

so I will pick it up next week hopefully with the visas in :rofl
well done tracym thats brill news :tup
chilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.