Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
If you Google... Barcarola Club Apartments in Puerto del Carmen
...you will get lots of info. The reviews seem to be favourable.
You will see a map here...

http://www.hotelstreet.co.uk/Hotel_Map-12926-Barcarola_Club_Apartments-in-Puerto_del_Carmen.html

The only comment I would make is they are a bit out of the central harbour area, where most of the popular restaurants/bars are. Probably 40 mins walk to the harbour. Also between beaches, a good 15 mins from either of the main beaches. Other than that, the area is fine, with lots of shops, restaurants, bars around.
It will be warm in April. Generally upper 20's C. Cooler in the evening.
We are staying on this complex in 4 weeks time. We had a look around them when we were over last March and we liked what we saw. We prefer this end of town and in the last five years (always March) we have always had good weather i.e. 25+ . Anything we can advise on please shout.
I wouldn't call the harbour area "central" at all :) The harbour area is traditionally called the Old Town, with many restaurants centred around the actual harbour. Barcarola is on the Puerto del Carmen strip, with an entrance directly onto the main Avenida. I have walked around the complex, though not been in any of the apartments, and I too liked the look of it. There are also little coves and small beaches within a few minutes walk, although the main beach is probably a 10-15 minute walk away. There is a very good mix of nightlife, bars and restaurants, plus shops of course, all along the main strip. This area is also nice and flat, whereas the Old Town is fairly hilly, and is a good way from the beaches.

HTH :cheers
Stayed at these apartments twice and we found them as good as any in PDC, the service is excellent ie cleaning of apartments etc and they will supply extra pillows if needed, reception are always eager to help with any issues.
Nice quiet pool area with comfy sunbed mattresses, pool restaurant/bar which is only open in the daytime.

Turn left out of the complex and there is a small square with a chip shop and a couple of bars, one of which does an evening quiz which seemed popular, also upstairs there is a small showbar with drag acts which I think you have to book (never seen it!!)

If you do decide to go I would suggest you email a week before and request a pool view as from some reviews the ones at the back are not so nice although this may have changed since we stayed there......Caz
David.............I will update the review section on my return....promise.

CazB, if you have stayed here twice would you recommend a ground floor or a first floor room ?
One other thing, is the pool water very cold. Last year in March I fould the sea warmer than La Penita pool.
Des.
Des.....we stayed on the ground floor purely because climbing stairs is a bit of a problem for me,
personally if that is not an issue for you I would request an upper floor because it is more private as the ground floor apartment terraces are not enclosed. Lanzarote complex pools are renowned for being cold (unless heated) so I never went in, hubby did the big toe test and decided against it. :smile: .....Caz
Many Thanks for all that information, it's been a great help.
Can anyone recommend who to book with, cheapest I've found so far is Sunshine holidays !
Thanks Kaz, I will try for 1st floor.
I booked with Travel Republic Kez. Always do, I have never had a problem.

Caz and Kez..............you could be a double act. :D
Kez.....try "hotels4u" or "Travelrepublic" they may be a bit cheaper.

Des.....we have a Jaz and Daz in the family as well :rofl .....have a good time both of you, we are going to Costa Teguise on Mar 20th :cheers .....Caz
Well we've finally booked to stay at Barcarola in April, can't wait now !
Just one thing , anyone know where the nearest waterpark is, we have a 13yr old son, we have to keep entertained !
Well done, hope you have a great holiday.
The only water park that I have heard of is near the golf course in Costa Teguise. We havent tried it so cant comment.
I will give you the lowdown on the complex after we return on 17/3. I sent them an e-mail at the beginning of the week requesting a first floor apt. near the pool. They replied within 24 hours saying they would do their best.
Des.
Hope you have a great time too ! I look forward to hearing all about it on your return !
Hi. I have stayed at Barcarola 6 times now, the last time being September last year so if you have any questions about the complex please ask away. However I should imagine if you have now booked then you know all you need to know and my offer of info may have been more useful to you before you booked - sorry didnt see this topic till now!! I am sure you will have a great time at the Barcarola, it has never disappointed me.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.