General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Although I always know the date my passport expires etc :lol: I think it would be a very good addition
Think that 1 month before expiry of passport is a bit tight for renewal, would 2 or even 3 months be better.

Patka
Timescales can be adjusted. Two months for passport expiry is indeed better.

Mark :D
:D I think it is a good idea for members who could quite easily forget to renew their passport!. I know from reading certain posts on here ,that it has been done! - such an easy thing to slip our minds, - (Although I can know to the day when ours runs out :lol: - sad or what!). Although 1 month's notice should be fine, as I sent my sons off last Friday, and we received it back this friday , (Took exactly one week, - was well impressed) - it maybe a good idea to do it within 6 weeks of expiring, - just to be on the safe side!

Regards, BBB
Spiffing idea. It would be really useful for me.
How about, order repeat prescriptions and check vaccinations required.

Cancel milk and papers

Patka
my only concerns with a project like this are
would the database used be stable enough to store all the items for all the users and potential new users for up to 10 years
as we get a lot of members who only post once or twice, and then appear to desert us,how long would we be prepared to hold their data
a disclaimer would be essential, to ensure that nobody tried to sue in the event they were not reminded to renew their passport for example
surely most of these things could just be set up by the members in their own outlook calendar -maybe with you supplying a simple script
sorry to be negative
jim
These are all valid points Jim.

Database space is not a concern.

Disclaimers will be displayed ensuring our backs are covered in the event that emails are not being sent or get lost.

Yes, these things could be done through Outlook or any other calendar software available to members. But how many of us do use this? I for one don't.

We haven't programmed anything yet, so no time and effort is lost.

hi...mark.i to think thats a good idea i am certainly in favour of it.......and thanks..........i do take the points of safeguards .e.t.c..on board as well......
regards................john-doe.........
Jim's idea prompted me to look into adding data to the Outlook Calendar and this is quite easily achievable.

The software can be programmed to send emails and/or add data to the Outlook Calendar.

mark..take the point about using the calender but not everyone opens that every day or so.on here we do come on most days...........does that make sense.....i hope...........
regards..............john-doe
Looks like this one is going to be shelved.

Thanks for the input guys :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.