America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Have a browse through the reviews while you wait for replies :)

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/
If you looking at budget range of hotel...had a friend come back from the Quality Inn Plaza a few weeks ago said they have had a re-fit and enjoyed it very much..good location also right in the middle of I drive.
last year we stayed at the clarion universal just opposite wet and wild and had a brilliant stay,free shuttles for the universal parks . and a great location.
Another vote for Quality Inn Plaza, especially if you are looking at budget options, its just a great property and with kids in tow would be my choice. I would also recommend the Rosen Center and Rosen Plaza as well, both lovely hotels just down from the QIP. The good thing about the Rosen Center is because it is deemed a convention hotel, the pool area is absolutely dead during the day and you have it all to yourself. :sun2 Both Rosens are going to be more expensive though.

I would defintely look at the area south of Sand Lake Road on I Drive (all the above are in that area). Its just a far more pleasant area, tree-lined, with restaurants galore. North of Sand Lake is more built up, although some of the comments on other forums that it looks like Blackpool without a beach are totally unfair and quite bizarre.
We recentley returned in May & stayed at the Quality inn international, further down the road! We really liked the location, restaurants & shops near by & of course the i ride trolley to take you all up & down international drive if you want to go further. We found the hotel fine, wernt really there much, rooms were clean, fridge, microwave, safe etc. We will consider staying here again when we come to book our next holiday. :)
We were there last October and going again in April next year. We stayed at Floridays Resort on I-Drive - in a 2 bed condo. We paid less than what some of the hotels were charging (but not as cheap as the Quality Inn). ;) At the moment some sites are giving outrageous quotes for 2 weeks at Floridays in April, but we booked 5 months before we went last time and the deal was less than 1/2 what they're asking for now. Other options for suites / condos would be The Fountains (next door to Floridays on the Southern end of I-Drive); Sheraton Vistana Villages (same area); Vista Cay; Enclave Suites; Homewood Suites; The Pointe Orlando; plus many more...
hi siobhan my advice when looking for your hotel on international drive, is try to find one that offers a free breakfast,and a free shuttle service to the parks.this can save you a lot of money,also try to find a hotel with a kitchen, with a fridge, this is important with the kids.I would try to avoid the howard johnson hotel on I drive we stayed there and was very dissapointed ,on the day we checked out ,they hit us with a surprise charge, which they called a resort tax (very nice lucky we had some money left).also when booking your park tickets always use the proper disney website,and pay with a credit card for your own protection.you will find on I drive that there are lots of people who are selling dodgy tickets to the parks,avoid them like the plague.you may like to try the hawthorn suites on canada avenue,this hotel is just around the corner from I drive, just go on line and check their website.best of luck and have a great time regards john
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.