Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Not true at all.

Depends where you go, some of the bigger bars that have to pay for entertainment were charging about €3 but other bars that didn't have live bands, comediens etc. were charging as little as €1.

I was not charged €3.90 for a beer anywhere.

Benidorm was the cheapest Spanish resort I have visited and within your flying limit of 2.5 hours I can guarantee you will not find cheaper beer closer.

Mark :cheers
Cheers Mark I didn't believe it either.

We're going there, it's just the challenge of finding a hotel that suits or both and finding the flights.

The dates have changed from 22/7-27/7 has moved on a date to 23/7-28/7 so just checking for flights and hotels now.
I dont think you will find a resort anywhere in Spain that is as competitive on its pricing as Benidorm! I've certainly never paid €3.90 for a pint anywhere in Beni, (you might have to pay that in other popular resorts though!).It will be around the €3 mark in the Cabaret Bars, but dont forget, for that you will be provided with 4 or 5 good acts every night, with no admission charge, so these bars have to price accordingly. However plenty of smaller bars without entertainment where you can get €1 a pint deals, other bars including Karaoke ones will usually drop somewhere in the middle of that! The choice is vast, even in these difficult ecconomic times, when some places have had to cut back and some closed down, you'll will find more choice at decent prices than anywhere else in Spain!

Best Regards - Taggy
I think the Shamrock was about that price for Guinness last year (and not much cheaper for the local lager!!) They seem to have abandoned the business plan where they fill the pub and opted for one where they have the place empty, with the aircon switched off and make the night's profit off the pubcrawl kids. Pity, because I used to really like it in there :(
Benidorm has got expensive, but only compared to what it used to be, not compared to anywhere else!
I seem to remember that on my last visit in 2007 I was paying €3.35 for lager in most of the better cabaret bars (Zodiac, Benidorm Palladium etc), Strongbow was €2.50 in The Yorkshire Pride and most of the other non-cabaret bars were about the same or less.

Obviously during the day there are lots of offers on at various bars - Wooky Hollow comes to mind as one I went in - but it obviously depends where you are. Heartbreak Hotel charged me about €6.50 for a JD and (small bottle of) Coke.
depends what and where you drink!

yorkshire pride 2 our round was a pint of local lager,
and local tia maria with coke, E2.50 ! for the round!

there are plenty of bars with similar prices.

there are also plenty of bars/cabaret bars where you pay
a lot more.

Overall though Benidorm is the cheapest place I've been in Spain :tup
I've just come back from a stag weekend where there was plenty of drink was consumed :cheers

Most places we went were about 2 euro for a pint of lager & 3-4 euro for a pint of cider, I personally stuck mostly to bottles of San Miguel, these ranged from 1.25 to a max of 2.50 euro

There were also quite a few bars with the 1 euro a pint & lots of bars that had happy hours on local draught beers & spirits.
Just returned from a week in Benidorm and we never saw a pint for more than 1 euro, twenty five cents to be honest :tup
most pubs are around the 1 euro , to 1 euro 50 a pint all day .

apart from maybe the bars on the sea front and the carberet bars , they can go up to 3 euro a pint.
The Tikki Beach bar on the front with entertainment in the afternoon was 1.5 euros a pint, same as last year. Loads of other bars 1 euro.
Came back yesterday after another 3 fantastic days in beni never seen it so cheap i drink bottles of mahou the green ones and never paid any more than 1.50 euros in any bar including cafe b and sinatras and they had some good acts on take that,timeless,peteloaf and the king of soul some bars you could get 5 bottles of budwiser or hinekhin for 5 euros food cheap as well sunday roast for 6euros in yorkshire pride brill as well all in i spent 130euros in 3 days and i was out until 3.30am friday 7.15am saturday and 3am on the sunday so it is cheap
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.