Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
is it too late?
4 Posts
First you have already asked for advice on this. Details can be found here;

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=140957

It might assist if mods could perhaps combine the topics as any advice given may only duplicate or confuse the issue.

Second I see no reason why you cannot continue with your claim. Re-reading the advice given before, you state you actually booked at the agents shop. What have they to say. What did your invoice actually say? If it said hotel A and they put you in B then they have not provided what was booked and they are therefore in breach of contract.

We did previously advise you contacting Rod Fernihough and perhaps you might like to consider that.

fwh
Yes the original post was me asking whether the letter covered everything and asking for general advice, i just wanted to confirm whether i hadnt left this too long... as i know that you must originally complain within 28 days, i did follow the advice and just got a generic letter back saying it's my fault.

Thanks, at least i know now that even though it was several months ago I can still pursue, I was contemplating calling up Hayes and Jarvis but I wasn't sure if i should contact them, or Ros...!

Manisha
Second I see no reason why you cannot continue with your claim. Re-reading the advice given before, you state you actually booked at the agents shop. What have they to say. What did your invoice actually say? If it said hotel A and they put you in B then they have not provided what was booked and they are therefore in breach of contract.

OK i'm sorry I realised I didn't reply to some of your questions.

The invoice stated La Flora Kao Lak hotels but when I booked it the travel advisor was showing me the website for the Patong hotel. At the time I didn't even know there was a Kao Lak La Flora hotel or even what Kao Lak is, so I didnt query it, I naively thought Kao Lak was the road name or something.

I did call Ros's PA who advised me that the fact that they moved you, shows admission that they made a mistake. She was helpful and told me to send copies of all the documentation to Ros, the reason it's being held up is because my other half has the documentation and he's not in the country.

Hence my second post was targeted at just the money I lost, the £140 upgrade fee, and the phone bill (which i can provide evidence of through posting my phone bill and statement).

Argh.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.