Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
We used the L1 bus that ran from Torre to hotel Aloha a lot last year and we are due to return in 4 weeks anyone know if its still up and running?

Yes.
it stops outside the Pez Espada going both ways is that right?

Not exactly, there's a bus stop outside /opposite the Hotel Amaragua on Calle de los Nidos and then AFAKI the next bus stop is just a few yards passed residencia Dali opposite the farmacia on Calle Salvador Allende.
Coming back from the Hotel Aloha Puerto and heading to Torremolinos, the bus comes along Avda Europa, which comes out half way up the hill between the Pez Espada and the Swordfish roundabout, (Calle Pez Espada), the bus turns left at the junction and heads up towards the roundabout, and the bus stop is nearly at the top of the hill before the said roundabout, so if you're thinking of elderly parents, then using the bus stop on the flat near residencia Dali is the best option for both going and coming back from Torre.

I'm sure there will be a bus stop on Calle Miami before the bus goes along Calle de los Nidos, but I can't tell you where or which end, noticing the location of every bus stop is not one of my hobbies. :lol:
is there a taxi rank with early morning taxis near the Pez Espada.

Yep, there's a taxi rank bang opposite the Pez, but seeing a taxi there is a bit hit and miss, but if you walk further up Salvador Allende there are other taxi ranks, but you could just phone for a Torremolinos taxi, the number is 952 380 600.
I know you've asked about supermarkets on another forum, quite simply, the one you used last year is just up the hill from the Pez Espada, cross over the road and you're there, and best of all, you'll be walking back downhill with the shopping....I'd guess a 5 minute walk away from residencia Dali.

Sanji
Hi Sanji

Thanks for info as usual :cheers ..im glad its still up a running.
Great so the mercadona is just up the hill ..dont know why i thought it was further away :whoops . Not going to do quite so much shopping this time as im hoping to get basics from some of the smaller shops on Calle Salvador Allende to top up...im presuming there may be a mini supermarket and somewhere to get decent bread / croissants???

Ive been on streetview looking for the bus stops...can see the one by Res Dhali ...just cant seem to find one on Nindos or Miami..im sure ill find one.

10 days to go now !! cant believe its gone so quickly

Cheers
Jo
Hi Jo.
I know for certain that there's a bus stop bang opposite the Hotel Amaragua because I've used it, and just because you can't find a bus stop on Calle Miami, it doesn't mean there isn't one because you don't know how old the google map is.
Mmmmm, be careful with supermarkets on Calle Salvador Allende, they are rip off's especially the one next to the Buensol Apartments, there's not a bad little supermarket walking passed the Pez Espada ( walking towards Torremolinos) and the second street on your right after the Pez (Calle Tropico) it's set back on a grassed area on your left as you walk down the street with the promenade at the bottom, but to be truthful, it's probably just as quick to walk up to Mercadona.

IMO: Remember that Mercadona willl have fresh bread and more choice than the little supermarkets, and be cheaper.
You don't know how long the little supermarkets have had the stuff on the shelves. :wink
Sanji x
Hi again

Found the one opposite the hotel you mentioned on street view..thanks...we may not have to use it but dad suffers with his legs a bit.
Will steer clear of the small places then ....found the supermarket on Tropico too...might be handy if we need anything if passing from that way .
Last year we used to pass a great pattiserie on the corner of Calle Remo and Plaza Remo when we were returning to the villa...fab bread and cakes :D that used to be handy to stock up on fresh bread etc.
thanks again
Jo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.