America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Magic Kingdom is by far the best for very young children I would say, but to be honest I think you will have your work cut out taking such a young child.....

My partner and I went in 2007 and we are going again in June.... I personally dont think I could manage taking children we were so so so tired all the time! :rofl

Good Luck and have fun....

Laura
Took our kids to Orlando when they were very young - and survived to tell the tale!! I found Seaworld to be a nice and relaxing park to visit and suitable for all your kids ages. Sometimes the Disney Parks, particularly the Magic Kingdom are very busy and the queues for rides are lengthy, so take advantace of the fast-track passes available etc. Or visit when parks open when they are a bit quieter. Lots of people said to me when I booked to go first time that it was a waste of money as the kids were too little to remember it. Yes that is true, however my own memories of their little faces when they saw Mickey Mouse etc for the first time was worth every penny in my opinion, something you don't experience in the same way with older children. We have visited another 4 or 5 times since and each visit as the children grew older, they got something different out of their experience. Don't worry, just go ahead and enjoy your holiday, and adapt things as you see fit to suit your own family when you get there. As you say, you will go back again, so no stress needed.
I agree with Kimi...... Seaworld also a good place for young ones. Depends what time of year you go aswell for the busi-ness......

Also for your first time I would invest in getting the book ' Brits guide to Orlando' Its fab! Gives you alot of tips, for a more comfortable time :)
Hope this helps

Have a great time which I'm sure you will :)
laura
We went to Orlando with my granddaughter when she was 17months and only went to Sea world with her..She was frightened of Mickey Mouse so we just looked after her while my daughter and her husband went to Universal studios and Wet and Wild.
We had been before and done the theme parks so on that holiday we spent a week at Clearwater beach which was more suitable for a little one.
Hi

Personally I wouldn't go to Orlando with a baby at all as it is so exhausting that she will be either over tired or hot and bothered.
If you do go I would do sea world with all the kids and Magical Kingdom, but all the other parks you would be wasting your money as there isn't many rides for you to take babys on.
You could do a day about at the theme parks looking after the baby whilst the other parent went to the parks with the older kids...but then thats not much fun.

If you didn't have the older kids I would say wait until the little one is about 6 or 7 before going.

The water parks will be good fun though.

Just come back 3 weeks ago and am so depressed!! Disney land Paris would be another option.

Liz
well ive booked for may 2010 :)

were going to do Magic kingdom, mgm, animal kingdom and epcot

and sea world and aquatica.

we have booked a suite on I-Drive for the 1st week and a villa for the 2nd to chill in, my youngest will be able to go on alot of the rides at magic kindgom plus the safari at animal kindgom, the big rides we will just take it in turns to go on with the older ones.

thanks for the replys ;)
I'm sure you will have a great time and so will your daughter. Something nice to look forward to.
thank you kimi were very excited lol, are you going back anytime soon?
I would love to go back again but nothing planned, off to Turkey this year - maybe next year though. My children are now 17 and 15 and I think my eldest will soon want to holiday with friends rather than with mum, so I'd like to go back to Florida with him for one last holiday as we have so many good memories there. Staying in the villa for your second week is a good idea - lots of space for everyone.
You're definitely opting for the better months in May or September although it will still be very hot. My only concern would be the 9 hour flight with a child that young, aren't they still classed as an infant and have to sit on your knee? If that's not a problem I'm sure you'll all have a terrific time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.